cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Assign Role to External User

TODD BEERS
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to assign a role to an external user whom I know is valid and has been used by other customers of our VAR. Check box is grayed out but it shouldn't be.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to assign a CBR role, there must be a "contract in common", that connects the dots between:

1. The party ID of the customer Delegated Admin Cisco.com ID
  2. The party ID of the partner CBR user Cisco.com ID
  3. The party ID of the install-site on a Smart-enabled contract
  4. The party ID of the Bill-to on the same Smart-enabled contract

#1 must match #3, and #2 must match #4.

In order for us to troubleshoot your specific case, please provide the two Cisco.com ID's (DA and partner user) and the Contract number, via private message.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kevin Kelly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to assign a CBR role, there must be a "contract in common", that connects the dots between:

1. The party ID of the customer Delegated Admin Cisco.com ID
  2. The party ID of the partner CBR user Cisco.com ID
  3. The party ID of the install-site on a Smart-enabled contract
  4. The party ID of the Bill-to on the same Smart-enabled contract

#1 must match #3, and #2 must match #4.

In order for us to troubleshoot your specific case, please provide the two Cisco.com ID's (DA and partner user) and the Contract number, via private message.

Will do

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, Please send us your email @ to share the appropriate informations.

In our case, an association issue had to be fixed before the selection could be become available. All good now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: