cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Michael Percival
Beginner

Unable to download CSPC 2.7 from command line

Trying to run 'download sp-30.0.0-0-0-lnx64' from the command line logged in as admin, after I accept the license agreement, I get the following error:  execute % Error occured while executing command.  I just downloaded and applied 2.6.3 last week using this method and it worked fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Paul,

I used WinSCP to copy the file from my computer to the CSPC.  I SSH to the collector and logged in as collectorlogin.  Did the su - command to switch to root.

- cd /

- mkdir temp

- chmod 775 /temp

Launched WinSCP and logged in as collectorlogin, choosing SCP as the file protocol.  Copied the jeos file from my computer to /home/collectorlogin using WinSCP.  SSH back into the collector as collectorlogin and do su -, then cd /

- cp /home/collectorlogin/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip /temp/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

- cp /temp/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip /opt/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

Then I was able to run /opt/LCM/bin/lcmagent-apply.tcl JeOS jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

I know this is probably way more steps, but I am not a linux guy, and I could not directly copy the file from my computer to /opt using WinSCP.

After that jeos update was applied, then I was able to download and install sp-30.0.0-0-0-lnx64 from the command line of the collector logged in as admin.

Hope this helps.

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael Percival
Beginner

I have resolved this on my own.  I had to download jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip and manually install it first.

Once logged into root on CSPC, how do you copy the file from an ftp server to /opt.  The directions from Cisco states...

4. Create or choose a temporary directory to store the image 

5. Copy the downloaded component to /opt.

6. Apply JeOS using the below command (installation runs in background)  /opt/LCM/bin/lcmagent-apply.tcl JeOS jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

Hello Paul,

I used WinSCP to copy the file from my computer to the CSPC.  I SSH to the collector and logged in as collectorlogin.  Did the su - command to switch to root.

- cd /

- mkdir temp

- chmod 775 /temp

Launched WinSCP and logged in as collectorlogin, choosing SCP as the file protocol.  Copied the jeos file from my computer to /home/collectorlogin using WinSCP.  SSH back into the collector as collectorlogin and do su -, then cd /

- cp /home/collectorlogin/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip /temp/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

- cp /temp/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip /opt/jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

Then I was able to run /opt/LCM/bin/lcmagent-apply.tcl JeOS jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip

I know this is probably way more steps, but I am not a linux guy, and I could not directly copy the file from my computer to /opt using WinSCP.

After that jeos update was applied, then I was able to download and install sp-30.0.0-0-0-lnx64 from the command line of the collector logged in as admin.

Hope this helps.

Mike

View solution in original post

Thanks for the help Michael!

Using WinSCP and your directions worked like a charm.  I was able to install jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip and then upgrade to sp-30.0.0-0-0-lnx64.  I have been struggling with this a couple of a weeks now and glad to get it upgraded.  Now running CSPC 2.7.

Paul

Please tell me where you found the sp-30.0.0-0-0-lnx64 file.  I need to download it and transfer it to my collector that does not have internet access.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links