cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade the collector to 2.7.4.2 with GUI and CLI commands not available

Carl_Meyerhofer
Level 1
Level 1

The software is downloaded, but the GUI options for upgrade are not available - see attached.

I've read other posts, but any of the CLI troubleshooting commands are not available either - see attached. 

I am logged in as Admin, Super Administrator.  Is there a step I'm missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Carl_Meyerhofer
Level 1
Level 1

This actually required a rebuild of my VM with the Cisco OVA to resolve this.

After the rebuild, I was able to perform the downloads from the Admin CLI.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

When did you start GUI upgrade process? It is recommend to wait for whole day for upgrade process using web GUI.

tail-f /opt/LCM/logs/install or tail-f /opt/LCM/logs/apply- Please run this command using user 'root' not user 'admin'. From admin, you can check on the status of download by running 'show download' and 'show apply'. 'Show version -d' will provide you information on current SW version on collector.

Thanks,
Supriya

Hello, I actually started the upgrade on CLI, and it ran for several days
in process mode. It never did finish, although it is not running now, or
complete. I was not able to run it from GUI, as the snapshot shows that
option grayed out.

I only have an Admin logon. Do I need to create a SU?
Thank you!

Hi Carl,

For troubleshooting, it is good to enable collectorlogin and root. You can not login to root directly so first login to user 'collectorlogin' and then user 'root' via 'su root' password. Please follow below steps to enable those users.

Enable the Linux user login “collectorlogin”
# pwdreset collectorlogin 90
This will generate a password for the username “collectorlogin.” Save this password!
Enable the Linux root login
# pwdreset root 90
This will generate a password for the username “ root”. Save this password!

Here is the document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/Configure-CSPC-Appliance-via-CLI.pdf

If you are not sure if download is completed or not, please use 'show download' command using user admin. Please provide all requested outputs (show download, show version -d and show apply) so I can assist you better with further steps.

Thanks,
Supriya

Thank you for your prompt replies!
I did do the password reset on both logins. However, when I try to
connect, I receive this error

The server has disconnected with an error. Server message reads:
A protocol error occurred. Change of username or service not allowed:
(admin,ssh-connection) -> (collectorlogin,ssh-connection)

Please advise.
Thank you!

Hi Carl,

Please check PM and let me know if you able to login to root and run requested command from root as well from Admin.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Carl,

I saw your PM, I am glad that I was able to help with error and since you are in root now, please feel free to update me if you need any assistance with upgrade.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Carl,

Engineering team has provided script. I have private message you step-by-step instruction how to run it  and edit using vi editor and check for end result. Please feel free to reach out to me via PM if you have any question.

Thanks,
supriya

Carl_Meyerhofer
Level 1
Level 1

This actually required a rebuild of my VM with the Cisco OVA to resolve this.

After the rebuild, I was able to perform the downloads from the Admin CLI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: