cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update to 2.7.4 stuck at Apply-in-Progress

trapasso
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to apply the 2.7.4 update to my server currently at 2.7.3.2.  It looks to install but the server is stuck in a "Apply-in-Progress" state.  The install has run several times already the same result.  Same thing happened when trying to install 2.7.3.2 last month.  Attached is the install file.

sometime when the update is reapplied I get this:

Version Number : sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64
Start Time : Apr/06/2018 09:05:52
End Time : Apr/06/2018 09:08:01
Reason : Apply Failed

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you please let me know if you have already tried to set the status as "apply-failed" to restart the installation process?   If not, I would like to see if setting it to failed, and re-running the 2.7.4 patch will help resolve your issues.

The steps can be found in the CSPC 2.7.3.2 Release Notes "Known Issue" section here.

Thank you,

Jarrett

procedure to set status produced errors.

either

> 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/updates;create=true;';
ERROR 08001: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/opt/LCM/info/updates;create=true;

or

> update updates set PACKAGE_STATUS = 'Apply-failed';
IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection

Hello,

Can you please check if adminshell is running, please run below commands as root

#service adminshell status

#ps -eaf | grep adminshell.server

if adminshell is running then only the commands specified in 2.7.3.2 release notes will work.

if adminshel not running then please run below command to start adminshell as root and check the status by using above commands.

#service adminshell restart

Hello,
I hope that your issue is now resolved now by manually installation sp-30.0.4-0-0-lnx64. Please let me know if you see any other issues.
Thank you,
Jarrett
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: