cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade failure - proper credentials ?

tedauction
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to upgrade my 2.6.1 CSPC via the CLI. I am logged i using admin credentials. I keep on getting the error 'your CCO/ID password is incorrect'. However I am 100% sure these credentials are our correct Cisco ID/password that we always use to download firmware and TAC cases with Cisco.

Can someone please help. I have attached a screenshot

6 Replies 6

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello tedauction,

This issue may occur on older versions of CSPC during an upgrade.  Can you please try to make the changes listed in the Section "Enable Upgrades using LCM Software Updates" in our latest Release Notes here and see if it helps to resolve your issue?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Thank you, so I see I have to remove an etc/hosts file.

How do I get access to this directory to do that ? I have logged in with 'collectorlogin' and then run the command 'ls -la' however I do not see an '/etc/hosts/' folder.  See attached screen capture.Capture.JPG

Thank you for any help.

'Enable Upgrades using LCM Software Updates To enable upgrade for versions prior to 2.7.3, perform the following: 1. Remove the entry for IP 72.163.4.161 with host name www.cisco.com or www1.cisco.com in /etc/hosts file 2. Make sure www.cisco.com or www1.cisco.com is listening from the Collector Appliance by adding DNS'

Hey tedauction,

You must be in 'root' access to complete this.  First login as 'collectorlogin' and 'su' up to root access.

Once in root, you will be in the directory /home/collectorlogin.  Back out of the home dir and you will be able to go into /etc.  Delete the line requested in the guide in the hosts file and save the change.  Should now take your credentials, let me know the result.

Thanks,
Justin

Hello, thank you. I can now download the upgrade files, however the upgrade fails. I have rebooted but still the same problem. See attached screenshot. Thank you for any help.

Capture.JPG

Hey tedauction,

Can you check the status once more?  From the screenshot it seems the upgrade for version 2.7.3.2 (sp-30.0.3-2-0-lnx64) is still in Apply-in-progress status.

Thanks,
Justin

Hello tedauction  do you still have problems with this upgrade?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: