cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 2.7.3 to 2.8

casey_biggs8
Level 1
Level 1

What logs would I need to provide for troubleshooting the upgrade to 2.8? Auto updates are already enabled in the collector however it is not completing. 

6 Replies 6

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please provide the following commands from the CLI user collectorlogin:

tailf /opt/LCM/logs/install

tailf /opt/LCM/logs/apply

thanks,
Taylor

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i believe we have hard time to upgrade from 2.7.3 to 2.8

rather suggest to take back up and build new OVA with 2.8 and restore the backup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

To clarify, using the built-in back up via FTP or SFTP will fail due to the requirement that the restore has to have the same CSPC version as the backup. I think what you meant to say was to take backups of the SNMP credentials, managed devices, and any custom discovery jobs in order to import them to a new OVA.

However, the best approach is to review the logs to better understand what went wrong initially so we can avoid these issues and redeploying in the future.

Please send the logs from the following locations;

/opt/LCM/logs/install

/opt/LCM/logs/apply

Thank you

yes you rightly said, i had 4 or 5 webex calls with cisco, and not able to resolve bottom of the issue.

Not that i am complaining about that, but its easy to build new and restore jobs and settings.

BB

Can you send more specific instructions on how to access these logs? Does it need to be on the collectorlogin level?

you need to access SSH to box to view that logs

or you can use winscp - connect to smart collector

go to that folder mentioned by cisco.

/opt/LCM/logs/install
/opt/LCM/logs/apply

Download locally and attach to this ticket or you can open a ticket with TAC

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: