cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 2.9.1 to 2.9.1.3 stuck on Initiated

jubuchanan
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting a web GUI upgrade from 2.9.1 to 2.9.1.3. I actually attempted it on CLI before trying in the GUI, but received errors when downloading. I have verified that our FW is allowing the collector IP to Cisco. Before beginning, I applied the steps listed in the release notes (CSCvz35717):
For 2.9.1.1 / 2.9.1.1.1 to 2.9.1.3, Please execute below steps before trying LCM
upgrade
cd /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/lib/
mv LCMDecryptor1_6.jar LCMDecryptor.jar
mv LCMEncryptor1_6.jar LCMEncryptor.jar
systemctl restart adminshell

It has now been almost 24 hours since the upgrade began. Logging into CLI as admin, show download shows nothing in progress, only the older version from the last upgrade. show apply shows nothing in progress, only listing the current version. Switching to root, and checking for the /opt/LCM/log/install file, it doesn't exist. 

Here is the existing version info:
Build-name : Collection Platform Software 2.9.1
Package-type : ServicePack
Version : sp-30.2.1-0-0-lnx64
Component : CSPC Base
Version : 2.9.1
Package-type : JeOS
Version : jeos-30.2.1-0-lnx64
Component : AdminShell
Version : 1.9.4
Component : LCM
Version : 1.9.4
Component : CASP
Version : 2.9.1
Component : ConcsoTgw
Version : 1.8.0
Component : Hardened CentOS
Version : 8.1 patch#0

Any assistance with how to cancel the Initiated install and restart correctly would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As we have cross verified over the Webex call the CSPC server has been successfully upgraded from 2.9.1 to 2.9.1.3.

Thanks for your time and support. Please do let me know If I can help you with any other issues.

Performed below steps:

1. Download the Collector patch to the local system (Zip file) from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.9.1
    2. Transfer the patch to the CSPC using the Collectorlogin home directory via WinSCP software. below are the steps to use WinSCP.
  • Download WinSCP or any other File transfer tool. WinSCP is recommended.
  • Once download then open WinSCP. The login page will pop up. Enter the hostname (IP address) of CSPC and login as collector login by entering the username and password.
  • After login, the left side will show your local machine’s data and the right side would be CSPC.
  • Transfer the downloaded CSPC upgrade patch file from the local machine to CSPC by drag and drop. Then continue with step no. 3 in upgrade steps.
    3. Log in to the console of CSPC as a root user.
    4. Unzip the patch file using the command unzip <Filename> and cd to the unzipped directory as a root user
    5. There will be 2 files under the unzipped directory which are JEOS and SP patch.
    6. First, we will execute JEOS using the command below:
  • ./install.sh JeOS <JeOS filename>
  • Then cd to the directory /opt/LCM/logs/ to check the logs using the commands tail -f install and tail -f apply
    Once a script is executed successfully, then continue with step no. 7.
  1. Then follow the below steps for the SP patch as well:
  • ./install.sh SP <SP filename>
  • Monitor the installation by executing tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply
    After successfully applying the patch in /opt/LCM/logs/apply

The upgrade process will be done and check the version in CSPC GUI.

To know more about this upgrade, you can follow the CISCO CSPC upgrade guide as well.

CSPC Upgrade Guide (cisco.com)

Regards,

Neha

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I hope you are doing well!

I will be in charge of this post. I will assist you further on this issue.

Please share the Webex session availability in a personal message to check this.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha

neharani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As we have cross verified over the Webex call the CSPC server has been successfully upgraded from 2.9.1 to 2.9.1.3.

Thanks for your time and support. Please do let me know If I can help you with any other issues.

Performed below steps:

1. Download the Collector patch to the local system (Zip file) from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.9.1
    2. Transfer the patch to the CSPC using the Collectorlogin home directory via WinSCP software. below are the steps to use WinSCP.
  • Download WinSCP or any other File transfer tool. WinSCP is recommended.
  • Once download then open WinSCP. The login page will pop up. Enter the hostname (IP address) of CSPC and login as collector login by entering the username and password.
  • After login, the left side will show your local machine’s data and the right side would be CSPC.
  • Transfer the downloaded CSPC upgrade patch file from the local machine to CSPC by drag and drop. Then continue with step no. 3 in upgrade steps.
    3. Log in to the console of CSPC as a root user.
    4. Unzip the patch file using the command unzip <Filename> and cd to the unzipped directory as a root user
    5. There will be 2 files under the unzipped directory which are JEOS and SP patch.
    6. First, we will execute JEOS using the command below:
  • ./install.sh JeOS <JeOS filename>
  • Then cd to the directory /opt/LCM/logs/ to check the logs using the commands tail -f install and tail -f apply
    Once a script is executed successfully, then continue with step no. 7.
  1. Then follow the below steps for the SP patch as well:
  • ./install.sh SP <SP filename>
  • Monitor the installation by executing tail -f /opt/LCM/logs/apply
    After successfully applying the patch in /opt/LCM/logs/apply

The upgrade process will be done and check the version in CSPC GUI.

To know more about this upgrade, you can follow the CISCO CSPC upgrade guide as well.

CSPC Upgrade Guide (cisco.com)

Regards,

Neha

I have a similar issue with mine.  I am in a "not scheduled" state and the Upgrade Now button is greyed out?

Not sure where to go next?

-Joel Duimstra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: