cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload fails with "The tail-end gateway is not registered yet"

mrosner
Level 1
Level 1

I get the following error uploading data: "The tail-end gateway is not registered yet".  I tried to delete / generate a new entitlement but no change.  I noticed the error after the upgrade to 2.7.3 however it appears it has been broken for some time now.

16 Replies 16

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi User,

When you generated new certificate and reloaded to collector, did you see any error while doing so? Please private message me on below request. Please attach error message for ref.

Can you please get me the full screenshot of both tabs from server properties - 'server properties and registration certificate properties' from GUI.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi User,

I received your requested screenshot. Please get me below as well for further troubleshooting.

Using admin CLI login:

show version -d

From root, run below command:

cat /etc/hosts

cat /etc/sysconfig/network

wget https://72.163.7.113/HeadEndWebAppServlet/ --no-check-certificate

Please grab below from root as well:

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/nohup.out

/opt/ConcsoTgw/tail-end-gateway-decoupled/bin/CONN_TEG_LOGS/tail-end-gateway.log

Above will help me to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi User,

I have received your private message. Please allow me some time to investigate and I will update you soon.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi User,

We need to have log to troubleshoot further. Please use below command to generate password for user 'collectorlogin' and 'root' from admin CLI

pwdreset collectorlogin 90

pwdreset root 90

Please update me with requested output from post.

Thanks,

Supriya

Hi Marc,

We have open bug on this and bug id is CSCvh60290.

Please give time to have detail available on provided bug link. Please do let me know if you have any further question on this.

Thanks,

Supriya

What is the latest status on this? This bug impacted 2.7.2.5 (2.7.2 was fine), 2.7.3 and now recently 2.7.3.1 got released and is also affected.

Since this prevents the CSPC from functioning at all, shouldn't this be a prioritized bug??

Hello Andreas,

The most official statement that we can provide is represented in the bug provided.  Because this bug is a Severity 2, the Cisco team is treating it with urgency.  Please check the link to the bug for updates.  You can also subscribe to get notified about changes to bug information.

Cheers,

Cheri

2.7.3.2 out and issue still remains. 

So after this bug got introduced there has been,

4 releases without a fix for a bug that is really the core feature of the whole product (what good does a CSPC do when we cannot send data to Cisco).

Is this a bug that do not affect everyone or is nobody using this product? Still no workarounds possible? 

Hi - I had the same mesage in my log file.

I opened a TAC case.

The tac-engineer had to delete the licence key from the collector.
This was done within a WEBEX session through the collector-CLI with some special commands.

Then we had to create a new licence file for the collector on the PSS dashboard.
After installing the new licence file on the collector, everything was working fine again.

Summary TAC case:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--CSPC entitlement file deleted from CSPC database.
--Created a new license file(CSPxxxxxxxxxxxx) in the PSS portal and imported the same to the CSPC.
--Test inventory collection and upload to PSS portal successful after new license file import.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Best regards

Mike

I just tried this manually 1 min ago running 2.7.3.2 (delete collector from services.cisco.com portal and delete license in CSPC) then register a new collector and install the license-file. Same error.

Any more steps I need to do?

Got help from TAC to solve the issue. To sum things up, at this point if you get this problem you must involve TAC to solve it or simply do a fresh reinstall.

Correct the above customer is a PSS customer entitled to SMART ASSIST for support of collector with TAC.  The problem defined in the bug is that the delete/update button of the certificate does not in essence make all the necessary changes on the collector database for the change in certificates.  It is likely to occur with old certificates and with change of one certificate service to another. 

Correct the above customer is a PSS customer entitled to SMART ASSIST for support of collector with TAC.
The problem defined in the bug is that the delete/update button of the certificate does not in essence make all
the necessary changes on the collector database for the change in certificates.
It is likely to occur with old certificates and with change of one certificate service to another.
So if you try to replace it does not complete fulfill the change.
but a fresh ova will not have the original problem so it a viable alternative.
A TAC workaround requires various proprietary fix that is not possible on the forum

I have this issue and I wonder the same thing.  4 releases and still not addressed.  I don't have TAC support on the collector, so why can't Cisco post a reply with the fix, or a document on how to fix it?  The bug ID says it is fixed, which clearly it isn't.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: