cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload from May 10th still not showing on portal

Clinton Neill
Level 1
Level 1

I am a new user of Smartnet Total Care.  I have been trying to get things working.  My first test was just a csv upload ... that worked fine.  Then I tried using the collector.

After several tries I found that my firewall was blocking access.  I had some firewall rules built and then ran a test with just one device and it seemed to complete successfully.

Then I ran a full inventory with 3,204 devices.  

I have been waiting for the uploads to appear on the portal since May 10th.  Could someone please check to see if the uploads were successful?  I understand processing can take some time to complete, but it sure would be helpful to get some acknowledgement when data is received, especially for new users like me that are not sure if everything is set up correctly yet.

I tried sending the above in an email to sntc-support-community@cisco.com but I have not received a response.

12 Replies 12

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clinton,

I don't see your upload. All I see is the CSV import.

Could you log into the collector and go to Reports > Inventory Jobs and verify that the job completed successfully there and what the date is?

You can also check out my article here:

"Where is my upload?"

for more places to check that the collector is configured correctly.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks for your response!

My Reports > Inventory Jobs shows my jobs as complete.  

I've attached some screen shots.  I reviewed the onboarding doc you referenced.  The screen shots contained within look like they are from an earlier version; I used collector version 2.5.  But basically I think everything is set  up correctly.  One thing I noticed was I ran with userid admin, your doc showed admin123.  I am trying to re-run my collection using admin123 in case there is something under the covers that would make a difference based on userid.

Hi Clinton,

Could you check Settings > Manage Data Collection profiles and select the sntc1x_min_cp. On the third tab (profile settings) if you scroll down, there should be a box that says "export upon successful execution of collection profile". Is that box checked?

Thanks,

Lynden

I don't have a sntc1x_min_cp listed.  Mine reads Minimum Collector Profile.  But yes, the box is checked.  I've attached a screen print. 

I am competent with Unix.  Can we ssh into the collector gather more info to help debug my issue?

Hi Clinton,

Is this a VM you set up yourself, or was it set up by someone else? If you set it up, what was the name of the OVA you deployed?

Thanks,

Lynden

Our VM team set it up but I provided the OVA: PSS-CSPCServer-2.5.1-OVF10.ova

Could you show me the top half of the collection profile, just to double check that it is correct?

Did the VM team give you passwords for "collectorlogin" and "root"? We'll need those to get into the Linux if necessary.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

I've attached a screen print with the top half of the profile.  I do have the passwords for the collectorlogin and root accounts.

Thanks,

Clint

Hi Clinton,

They accidentally set up the wrong collector. You want the SNTC image, not the PSS image.

You can find instructions for deploying the collector here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

The file name should be: SNTC-CSPC2.5.2.1-OVF10.ova

Thanks,

Lynden

Ouch! I presume I'll lose all of my snmp and login credential settings, discovery, etc.when installing the new OVA?

Thanks for you help!

You can migrate a lot of your data over to the new one by saving the information in CSV files.

1 Reports > Managed Devices, select the blue export arrow. Export the managed device list in CSV format.

2 Settings > Device Credentials, select the export button. Choose pari xml format.

3 If you’ve set up local users or remote authentication, then make a note of those settings from Administration > Manage Users and Administration > Manage Remote Authentication Servers

Follow the instructions for deploying the 2.5 OVA. 

1 Settings > Device Credentials, select “Import”. From the drop down, choose pari xml format. Browse to the exported credentials and select them. Give the job a name and click “OK”.

2 Open the csv of your managed devices in Excel. Copy the column of IP addresses. In the collector, go to Management > Discover and Manage Devices. Select “Discover by known IP address”. Click “Next”. Paste the column of IP addresses into the entry box and then click the “Add” button. Click “Next”. Select the correct version of SNMP, and finish.

3 Add any user accounts or remote authentication servers by going to Administration > Manage Users and Administration > Manage Remote Authentication Servers

Let me know if you run into any issues once you get it set up.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Thanks again for all of your help!  I was able to install the proper OVA and run a new inventory.  It completed at 5/18 at 20:42 EST.  Hopefully it will show up on the portal!

Thanks!

Clint