cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload New Certificate to existing Cisco Smart

Hugo Romero
Level 1
Level 1

How can I add a renew certificate to existing collector?

Regards,

Hugo Romero

7 Replies 7

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version is your collector on? In addition, why are you trying to update the certificate?

Cesar

For some reason our customer was not on the portal anymore so I had to create a new entry.

Today we have done the first upload.

On most versions of CSPC, the option would be under:
Help -> Properties/Manage Registrations -> Replace.

You will always want to use the replace button and not the "add" button.
When replacing a cert it will ask if you want to verify the company name, select "no" on this option.

A message would then let you know if the certificate was successfully changed.

Regards,
Cesar

Hi Cesar,

I downloaded the new certificate and try to upload to collector.

In our Collector, It is under:

Help->License Properties->Upload new license

However, we are getting an error: "unable to read the contents of the license file"

Can you help?

Hello,

What is the new appliance ID?
What is the full version of your CSPC?

Also, sometimes this is due to a browser issue. Please retry using a different browser.

Cesar

I had to create two new collectors as the old ones disappeared from Cisco Smart Portal. Our customer just opened firewalls and data is successfully uploaded. We tried different browsers but still the same issue.

Hello,

From the screenshot it looks like you're using version 2.3 which is quite an old version at this time. Many things are not compatible with 2.3, therefore the best recommendation will be to install a new VM with the latest version. A newer version of CSPC will be released shortly, please keep an eye on the SNTC community announcements for details on the release.

Regards,

Cesar