cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload not showing in inventory

gregory.payne
Level 1
Level 1

I recently ran another collection profile and uploaded it to the backend successfully. Why am I unable to see the inventory in my portal.

Thank you

Gregory Payne

40 Replies 40

Hi Terry,

I see in the portal that an upload was initiated on 04/13 and it failed processing. What was the date that you pushed the upload that you refer to above?

All the weekly auto uploads show successful in the CSP collector 

4/11, 13, 18, 25 & 5/2 but none show as received in the portal.  I ran a manual upload on on 4/11 also after the auto upload failed.

Hi Terry,

I checked with our back-end team and they were able to confirm that the 05/02 upload is still in the first stage (back-end) processing. It should be visible to monitor in the portal soon.

Hi Terry,

I was able to confirm this morning that the upload you initiated on 05/02 has successfully completed processing in the SNTC portal.

Thank... I did get a report... Now I can't seem to figure out how to show service level contract.  for stuff like Prime, ASA or DCNM

Hi Terry,

Assuming you are referring to coverage at the device level, I would recommend going to Library>Inventory>Custom Inventory. This view will list all devices in Inventory. It has a number of fields already displayed but several can be added by clicking on the three vertical dot icon in the top right corner of that view. This will display a list of all available attributes, which you can make visible by clicking on the icon of the eye with the diagonal line across it. By selecting contract related fields (Contract Number, Coverage Start and End dates, Service Level, etc.) you should be able to create a customized view to suit your needs.

Hi Anusha, 
I left it for 48 hours and still have not had anything show up in the inventory or upload processing. I'll try another test load today and see what happens.

I checked my upload processing this morning on the portal.  It shows a success and in progress from the uploads I did on Monday.  One thing I noticed is that the collection name is a much different format than my previous 10 uploads.

Any thoughts as to why the format has changed and if that could have some impact on how long the upload processing takes?

My portal showed the newly created collector. However all of my inventory from the csp 2.5 collector did not showed up. The upload profile job ran successfully (This is over a week ago). Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Khanh,

Thanks for reaching out to cisco .

Inventory will show up on the portal  only after one successful upload . still the upload is in processing state , due to heavy load on our servers uploads are taking more time to complete . I am monitoring your upload once upload processed successfully i will update you.

Thanks,

Anusha.

Hi Khanh,

Upload processed successfully , now inventory and inventory data is visible on the portal.

Thanks,

Anusha.

Smartnet Total Care portal is now version 3.5. It seems each time I log on, I see a new version.

The portal showed that I have zero inventory and when I clicked on the All Collectors, the website just have the hour glass.

Hello, You are correct, the interface did indeed change with this past weekend's release to version 3.5.

Based on your user ID, I was able to locate a portal instance for you. I can see that three uploads were submitted: the ones initiated on 04/13 and 04/20 failed; a subsequent upload triggered on 04/20 processed successfully, however there were no devices in this upload. You can see this by going to Library>Inventory Insight>Summary. You will note that there are no managed IP addresses present.

Kindly review your collector processes and make sure that you indeed have managed devices and that you have run the Discovery, Collection and Upload jobs, in that order.

I do not understand why the upload didn't show any devices in it. I ran the Discovery (it discovered over a 1000 pieces of equipment) and the Collection and then Upload.  I was show about 46 devices in the inventory from a test CVS Upload. This morning I received this email and now I have 93 items. Still a far cry from the total.

It's like it still processing something.

Dear Burl Stone,

Alerts have been discovered for Entitled Company XXXX  and Inventory XXXXX-Inventory.

Table below displays number of Product Alerts with uploaded inventory:

Total Number of Hardware EOX : 106
Total Number of Software EOX : 21
Total Number of Field Notice : 14
Total Number of PSIRT : 90

Total Number of devices(Chassis and Card) having Product Alerts with uploaded inventory:

Total Number of devices having Hardware EOX : 1122
Total Number of devices having Software EOX : 738
Total Number of devices having Field Notice : 418
Total Number of devices having PSIRT : 4092

Hi bbcstone,

The reply above was intended for user khanhluu82 who added a post to this thread. I apologize for the confusion, I should have called that out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: