Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload Process successful but there are some failed devices

ambliven2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a couple of errors in the Smart Net Total Care portal. 

Looks like mostly Nexus 3k and 2960x devices.

FAILED: The input serial number and Mac address are not available. - This is happening for some fans in our environment.

FALLOUT REASON: Failed in Table Driven Validation process, No record found in Manufacturing, No record found in Ciber - This is happening for some power supplies in our environment.

Other fans and power supplies that share a chassis with the failed fans and power supplies show up fine in the portal. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Aaron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello ambliven2,
This is normal to see for many FAN device types on the Portal. Since these items are mainly covered by their Parent devices.
The 2nd error "fallout reason" could mean the contract was not successfully found or a invalid serial number was collected. If you do believe the serial numbers are correct, can you please send me a private message with a few of the power supplies so that I may take a look from my side.
Please let me know if there are any question.
Thank you,
Jarrett

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

“The input serial number and Mac address are not available” --  This error generally means that when the SNTC Portal was processing the data, it was able to identify a device type based on the collected data, but there was no associated collected Serial Number or MAC Address found (MAC Address are used to identify Serial Numbers for IP Phones).  In some cases, not all devices/modules/cards will have this information available. You may also be able to verify from your CSPC if the devices are showing any collected serial number data. 

The bottom part of our SNTC User Guide available here also help to cover some of these device categories as well.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Thank you Jarrett,

Our devices are not showing the serial number in CSPC. Do you know why that would be?

Is the serial number issue also causing the second error I mentioned in the original post?

Never mind, looks like not showing the serial number is by design in our version (2.7.1). They do show up in SNTC.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13336076/sntccspc-collection-not-showing-serial-numbers

What can I do to resolve the two issues? Or are they none issues?

Hello ambliven2,
This is normal to see for many FAN device types on the Portal. Since these items are mainly covered by their Parent devices.
The 2nd error "fallout reason" could mean the contract was not successfully found or a invalid serial number was collected. If you do believe the serial numbers are correct, can you please send me a private message with a few of the power supplies so that I may take a look from my side.
Please let me know if there are any question.
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hi Aaron,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  If so, please provide Jarrett the requested information:

@Jarrett Pomeroy wrote:

Thanks!
Cheri