Views
Helpful
Replies

Upload processing stuck for 3 days...

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have an inventory upload that is reported as still 'in progress' since Sep 1, 2017 3:26 PM BST.

As no issues are reported within the http://sntc-status.cisco.com/ page, could I ask if this can be investigated?

Full details (customer/inventory) will be supplied on request.

Thanks,

Graham

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Dear Graham,

Thanks for reaching out to us .

I have checked the SNTC portal and could find from Upload processing page that , one inventory which got initiated on Sep 1, 2017 7:56 PM got processed end to end on Sep 5, 2017 5:49 AM , Please revert in case if you still have any queries on the same .

Thanks you.
Regards
Pamela

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Dear Graham,

Thanks for reaching out to us .

I have checked the SNTC portal and could find from Upload processing page that , one inventory which got initiated on Sep 1, 2017 7:56 PM got processed end to end on Sep 5, 2017 5:49 AM , Please revert in case if you still have any queries on the same .

Thanks you.
Regards
Pamela

Hi, yes I see that the one that was received at "Sep 1, 2017 8:40 PM" was processed OK, but would you be able to comment on why the one that was 'stuck', uploaded on "Sep 1, 2017 3:03 PM" subsequently 'failed'?

Rgds,

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thank you for reaching out to us .

Due to one of the module during upload processing got impacted by a bug(not every upload will fall under same category)  and thus support team monitoring the uploads processing proactively took action to make it failed( observing the progress of upload is not expected)  and reprocessed the same file which got completed successfully. We have long-term solution in place to overcome this issue but in between to make the upload process successfully this workaround implemented.

Regards

Pamela

Hi Graham,

Please confirm you are now seeing the upload in the portal.  If there is nothing further, please mark this as solved.

Thanks!
Cheri

Hi Cheri,

I think I follow Pamala's explanation...

Is there any estimate as to when the 'long-term' solution will be implemented?

Thanks & regards,

Graham

Hi Graham,

I will get the bug information and post here for you to follow it. 

Cheers,

Cheri

Dear Graham ,
Thanks for the resonance .
This issue is getting tracked with bug id -CSCvc14178 which is not yet moved to production .
As of now I don't have the tentative date to be shared with you , but this issue will get resolved with next major release ( The major release date is yet to get decided) .
Thank you .
Regards,
Pamela