Views
Helpful
Replies

upload same SN with collector and CSV file

Mahmoud
Level 1
Level 1

dears,

what happens if I upload the same device SN with the collector and then upload it again in the portal but with different data

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mahmoud,

Within your inventory, a physical device is identified by a combination of SN and PID.  If you do a subsequent CSPC upload or CSV import of the SN/PID but with different attributes, the entry in the SNTC portal should reflect the latest attributes for that device.

Bobby

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lyndon Siu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mahmoud,

Within your inventory, a physical device is identified by a combination of SN and PID.  If you do a subsequent CSPC upload or CSV import of the SN/PID but with different attributes, the entry in the SNTC portal should reflect the latest attributes for that device.

Bobby

after adding devices by the csv all devices shown at the portal only ones that add by the collector

for example for 1800 router series ( 60 devices added by the collector and 10 by the csv but can see only 60 devices at the portal as total number

Hi Mahmoud,

Are all the 10 devices are with different attributes , meaning SN and PID are different than what got added through Collector , please confirm .

Regards

Pamela

I found the uploaded devices but in different category inspite I added them with same product id

anyway thanks for your support

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: