cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading

Andrew.Lamont
Level 1
Level 1

I have added new devices to my upload profiles. It says the upload job has completed successfully but I still do not see the new devices populating in the portal. Please assist

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Andrew,

It seems there is a party lock on one of the latest uploads.  I have opened a remedy case for this incident and will let you know when the backend team is able to clear this up.

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andre,

After a new device has been added to the CSPC, we will want to also re-run a new collection profile job.  This will help capture all device information needed for the portal.  Can you please check if a new collection has completed successfully for the new device as well?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Thank you for the reply, Jarrett. I did what you suggested and I did notice the upload porcess then took longer to complete. However now on the Upload processing page I see the status of the upload job as 'received', see screenshot. Been like that for about two hours now. Is this expected?

Hello Andrew,

Great job!  I see it's also showing as received now on the Portal.  Processing times can vary depending on how many uploads are currently in the queue. However this is expected behavior and we should see shortly it move to "Processing" status.

Thank you,

Jarrett

I am getting this when I run the data collection job (see screenshot). Checking the job log file I see...Unable to send the profile results to the Cisco Backend. Reason:Cannot upload without a collection profile service name and file name. Any suggestions?

Hello Andrew,

Do you know if you are using a custom Collection Profile?  One of the dependent values in the profile is called the "Service Name" which will be set to "smartnet_total_care".  Can you see if this value is available in your profile details?  When creating new Collection Profiles on the CSPC, you may want to use the "Create Ad-Hoc Profile" feature which will help copy over the dependent values of another profile (like our SNTC_Default).

Thank you,

Jarrett

Thank you, this helped to get the rest of the devices discovered. I now have the problem of the upload processing being stuck. Been processing for almost two days now. Is there anything I can do to kill it?

Hey Andrew,

It seems there is a party lock on one of the latest uploads.  I have opened a remedy case for this incident and will let you know when the backend team is able to clear this up.

Thanks,

Justin

Seems to be fixed now. And the upload that was pending behind it has now completed. Thanks for all your help Jarrett.

Hey Andrew,

The upload that was stuck by party lock and been cleared and the latest upload has processed successfully.  Can you confirm this from your end?

Please refrain from pushing multiple uploads at a time, customer best practice is running a collection and upload job once a week.

Thanks,

Justin

ok, saw where I could drilldown to the status. It says processing status failed. I will give it another try and report back

Andrew.Lamont
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to have another upload job that is stuck. Can I get it unlocked again?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: