Views
Helpful
Replies

View & Edit scheduled Discovery Jobs on Collector

Alexander Rauch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

I'm still pretty new to SNTC and the CSP Collector. However setting up everything was pretty straight forward. 

I would like to use the Collector now to discover my network automatically each week and to upload the data to Cisco a day after. The issue I'm having is that that I would like to set up my discovery jobs to scan specific range of IP addresses. I can do that of course, however I'm missing an option to view and edit the discovery job once they have been created. I couldn't find any way to manage the jobs afterwards. This is a real big limitation as it's very hard to remember which jobs have been created and scheduled for what time. I can see the jobs in the section Job Management, but without any additional information which IP's or ranges or for what time they have been scheduled. 

Thanks for your help

Alexander Rauch

2 Replies 2

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alexander,

Under Reports > Discovery Jobs, you can see the individual jobs you have scheduled. There should be a column for "first run time" "last run time" and "next run time" which will tell you when the jobs will run. If you expand a job and then select to view the job setting details, it will bring back up the initial prompt where you created the job, so if you click next, you will be able to see what IP range you configured for that job.

Let me know if you need clarifications or screenshots.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

many thanks for your help. This is exactly for what I was looking for. I would probably never been looking in the report section for this.

Thanks 

Alex