cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web, Console or SSH not working after upgrade from 2.5 to 2.7 using UI upgrade.

mikeyconway
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded using the UI to 2.7 from 2.5 and since then the web interface, https://ip:8001 is not functioning, I can get to the console and get to the SSH login interface but both of those no longer accept the login details that worked prior to the upgrade.

The root and admin account are both now locked out and I have waited for 30+ minutes and both are still locked.

Are the passwords reset when doing a UI upgrade ? is there a back door or do I just do an reinstall ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

Can you please see if you're able to access from console (ESXi) the admin or root users? When an account gets locked, you will be unable to login until 30 minutes has passed and then be allowed for one new attempt to login.   Once logged in successfully, the login counter will be reset. Do you remember if the first login attempt requested a password update during the upgrade?  

The passwords are not reset during upgrades and should be maintained. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Mike,

Please excuse our delay in responding.  We will have an expert reply further very shortly.

Cheers,
Cheri

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

Can you please see if you're able to access from console (ESXi) the admin or root users? When an account gets locked, you will be unable to login until 30 minutes has passed and then be allowed for one new attempt to login.   Once logged in successfully, the login counter will be reset. Do you remember if the first login attempt requested a password update during the upgrade?  

The passwords are not reset during upgrades and should be maintained. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

Jarrett,

Thanks for your response

I tried all know password as I had them documented from the console but they did not work and eventually just deployed a new OVF and rediscovered all the devices again.

2.7 is not at all stable and every 2-3 logins it does not accept my password and I need to reset it.

Not happy.

Mikey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: