cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does an upload job in "SILENCED" state mean?

richwood
Level 1
Level 1

What does an upload job in "SILENCED" state mean?

Cheers,

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

On your CSPC, you can continue to add new devices by running a Discovery Job (or a scheduled discovery job to auto-discover new devices ). As a best practice, it's good to add all your devices into CSPC (as close to the 1000 you can) and from there you can start to run your SNTC Default Collection Profile. This will collect from all the discovered devices and issue a full upload to the SNTC Portal for processing.

Can you please check and see if you're able to issue a new upload tomorrow?

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

This status will be seen if there have been too many recent uploads to the SNTC Portal for processing per day. A best practice for uploads is around 1 Full Upload (all devices) per week.

Thank you,
Jarrett

OK thanks for the information.

I was trying not to "overload" the system, by uploading a few switches at a time.

When will my job get released for processing? What is the exact limit per day? I don't want to get stuck again as I must get my full inventory processed.

I have less than 1000 devices in total, full inventory was around 6000 items in the All Equipment list.

What would be a good strategy for doing this? Normally I would only run a full scan/upload once every few months, but this is trying to populate the portal with a known good list of all equipment.

Cheers,

Richard

Hello,

On your CSPC, you can continue to add new devices by running a Discovery Job (or a scheduled discovery job to auto-discover new devices ). As a best practice, it's good to add all your devices into CSPC (as close to the 1000 you can) and from there you can start to run your SNTC Default Collection Profile. This will collect from all the discovered devices and issue a full upload to the SNTC Portal for processing.

Can you please check and see if you're able to issue a new upload tomorrow?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Upload processing is working again now.

Thanks,

Richard