cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the process for obtaining the latest CSPC patches?

graham.kirtley
Level 1
Level 1

What is the process for obtaining the latest CSPC patches?
I can find no reference to this within any of the Cisco CSPC/SNTC documentation, nor noes there appear to be any information available via the Cisco support pages?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

I've attached a document explaining the process of patching the appliance. If you are on 2.5.2.1, then there shouldn't be any new patches that you need to install. 2.6 should be released within the next few weeks, and I intend to make a blog post that walks through the details of upgrading.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

I've attached a document explaining the process of patching the appliance. If you are on 2.5.2.1, then there shouldn't be any new patches that you need to install. 2.6 should be released within the next few weeks, and I intend to make a blog post that walks through the details of upgrading.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden, exactly what I was looking for.

Hi Lynden,

Hopefully a short continuation of this thread...

I'm about to deploy a collector in a network that will not have access to self download any patches or upgrades.  The only permitted communications will be to upload a collection archive via a proxy (although that has yet to be sanctioned...)  These restrictions are for legitimate security reasons.

So, my question is is this case how do I obtain & apply patches etc?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Hi Graham,

There isn't currently a public location to manually download patches. They are all being delivered via the LCM mechanism in the admin shell. If you open a case with our team, you can retrieve the patches that way, or even request that one of our engineers do the upgrade for you. If you are not able to  open a case, then it becomes a little more difficult, because although applying the patches is relatively straight forward, we don't currently have a secure way to transfer them to you, other than through LCM.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

One would have thought that the same mechanism that exists for customers to acquire new IOS patches would have been suitable.

I do recall about a year ago a Cisco CSPC engineer sent me the patches via an email, so I could FTP them onto the server in preparation of them conducting the patching.

The good news is that as a Tier 1 operator my company has a secure file transfer portal that can be accessed by external parties.

If you can send me an email I can set you up with access  :-)

Rgds,

Graham

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: