cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is my CSPC upload ?

thomas gilmore
Level 1
Level 1

I just had my CSPC server rebuilt,,I had been having problems uploading my inventory.

I have followed the quick start instructions.

I have followed instructions posted on this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12987426/self-service-onboarding-where-my-upload-cspc-collector-troubleshooting

(The internal firewall is enabled & I can see the output of iptables,, but wondering if I have to open ports on the CSPC firewall, my external firewall will permit CSPC to open ports 80 & 443 with any internet host... )

I have created an upload profile. When I run the upload profile I see 
Initialize_files                         Successful
Dumping_Upload_Data         Successful
Zip_File_Creation                  Successful
Upload_to_Backend              Successful

My CSPC server is registered to my SNTC portal.

When I check "Upload Processing" on my SNTC portal,, I do not see my inventory is being uploaded.

What can I do to troubleshoot this issue ?
I do not see my inventory being uploaded.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Thomas,

Can you please send the screen shot from SNTC portal UI without hiding any details to help to sntc-support-community@cisco.com you further on the same .

Regards

Pamela

View solution in original post

Hey thomas gilmore,

I believe you guys do have some uploads that have been processed the last couple days, if I am looking at the correct customer name: "FRAGOMEN DEL REY BERNSEN & LOEWY LLP"?  Can you confirm you are looking at the correct "Inventory" name by clicking on the pencil icon at the top of the left dashboard?

Thanks,

Justin

View solution in original post

44 Replies 44

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

The ports required for the CSPC upload are:

• 72.163.7.113 (TCP 443) concsoweb-prd.cisco.com 
  • 72.163.4.161 (TCP 443/80) www.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl1.cisco.com
  • 173.37.146.12 (TCP 443/80) dl2.cisco.com
  • 173.37.144.208 (TCP 443/80) sso.cisco.com

It looks like the upload was successful, so it it possible we have received it but it has not started processing yet. Give it 24 hours to see if it completes.

Thanks,

Lynden

Thank you Lynden,

I really doubt I need to add those 72.163.x.x addresses to the internal firewall of the CSPC.
My internet firewall will permit the CSPC server http/https access to those servers.

I have been checking SNTC "upload processing" all day & have not seen any update.

i appreciate your input.

I have checked my SNTC 24 hours after running discovery & the data still has not uploaded to SNTC.

How can I get someone with the SNTC group to check what happened to my data.

The upload processing item on my SNTC console does not indicate any recent uploads.

Hi Thomas,

Can you please send the screen shot from SNTC portal UI without hiding any details to help to sntc-support-community@cisco.com you further on the same .

Regards

Pamela

Still no luck,, what can I do to review my collections on SNTC ?

I am wondering if I need to delete older collectors that were once in use, but are no longer in use as my CSPC ?

I have 3 collectors listed under "All Collectors".. .. 2 of them are not in use.

Do I need to delete those collectors in order for my latest collector to upload inventory ? 

Hi Thomas,

You shouldn't need to delete the old collectors, but it is possible that the collector you are checking for uploads isn't the same one you are expecting to see in the portal.

On your CSPC, go to Administration > Server Properties > License Properties and check to see if the CSP number matches the Appliance ID in your screenshot.

Thanks,

Lynden

The license number on my CSPC matches the license under "all collectors" on the SNTC portal

were you able to get your inventory to display? I am having the same trouble, almost exactly but I only have 1 collector.

I have been getting help from some folks at Cisco.
From what I have learned,, we have 2 portals & my inventory may well be uploading to a portal that does not display when I log on to SNTC.

interesting. because my portal seems to not allow me to access any inventory options as well as this is my upload results. I have no problem pinging the addresses needed either.

I have uploaded my upload results and a screenshot of my portal page

If anyone has any thoughts to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mgayle & Graham,

I am working with someone at Cisco,, but their comments are not seen here any more.
My last instruction was to log on to SNTC & download a template from the "Adminsitration/File Import" option. I did download the sample template from which I transposed my CSPC inventory onto & then manually imported my CSPC inventory to SNTC,, which was successful.

My Discovery & Inventory jobs all report success.
I created an Upload Profile & that profile reports success.

I still don't see the recently discovered being pushed from my CSP to the SNTC portal & working with Cisco to learn why the uploads are not being processed to the portal that I log on to.

Hi Thomas,

Could you check these settings:

"Please select Http method in upload settings - Under Settings->Application Settings ->Export settings , then go down to upload via : Select "HTTP"

Setting -> Manage data collection profiles - > Then select Sntc1x_min_cp -> Then go to Modify collection profile -> Then go to Profile details -> Drag down at last you get the option - > Export options check that box then check Upload to remote server

Then run the collection profile"

Pamela suggested it in an email and I wanted to post it here for the benefit of the community.

Thanks,
Lynden