Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Collection Failure - No Running Config - No APs

D Kendz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have not been able to successfully collect from our Wireless LAN Controllers.  SNMP and SSH are working correctly, and a very limited Dataset is being collected but it has not provided the AP inventory that is required in order to get those WAPs into the SNTC Portal.  I have tried everything at my disposal but still cannot collect the AP inventory from the WLC.  The WLC shows as "Managed" and collection is successful, minus the AP inventory.  Please help, and if possible identify the Dataset that will garner this inventory so I can create a special Collection Profile for our WLCs.  Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Perfect.  Thanks.  That sysobjectid should be part of the WLC platform (Settings>Manage Platform Definitions).  That platform will be referenced in the dataset (Settings>Manage Datasets) called AIRESPACE-WIRELESS-MIB_bsnAP.  If you look inside that dataset, you'll see the WLC platform there.

What collection profile was run?

Where are you not seeing the APs?  On SNTC portal or in the collection results on CSPC (Reports>Collection Profile Run Summary), pick Collection Profile and date and Select Action>View Data.  You can find the device in question and click on it and look for the dataset listed above and then see the raw data.  If you see the LWAP there, then it isn't a collection issue and we need to check if it is a back-end processing issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you let me know the sysobjectid of the WLC?

Yes, it is ".1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1069"

Also attached a screenshot.  Thanks!

Perfect.  Thanks.  That sysobjectid should be part of the WLC platform (Settings>Manage Platform Definitions).  That platform will be referenced in the dataset (Settings>Manage Datasets) called AIRESPACE-WIRELESS-MIB_bsnAP.  If you look inside that dataset, you'll see the WLC platform there.

What collection profile was run?

Where are you not seeing the APs?  On SNTC portal or in the collection results on CSPC (Reports>Collection Profile Run Summary), pick Collection Profile and date and Select Action>View Data.  You can find the device in question and click on it and look for the dataset listed above and then see the raw data.  If you see the LWAP there, then it isn't a collection issue and we need to check if it is a back-end processing issue.

I am certain that the CSPC is not collecting the AP data.  Please see the attached screenshot.  I am confused by this because it shows "Successful" but there is no data displayed, and not even an option to view in a separate window because it is "too much data" as does happen with a switch "show interface", etc. 

I take it back!  I was looking at our tertiary WLC for these results and of course, no APs will join that WLC in steady-state.  I'm not sure if adding the Write Community helped (noticed an error earlier and put in my credential profile, but not sure why RO is not sufficient).  Either way my issue is resolved, but this is great information to have.  Thank you again!

Great to hear and glad you have the tools to investigate now for the future.  RW SNMP is definitely NOT needed.  Only read-only is used to collect data.  RW is only used in some cases as a backup method to collect running config.

I thought that the AP list would appear if I ran the run-config, so added that briefly to the Dataset which I think is why I saw the "no write community" failure error.  We do not wish to collect or upload the running-configs so have taken that off now and still going good.  Thanks again for your help on this. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: