Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC not discovering.

Hi,

We faced an issue trying to discovery two WLCs.

Its not having any blocking and the snmp is configurated, only ping response.

There is another WLC with the same configurations and version that was discovery normally.

Customer have a monitoring application (Solarwinds Orion) in the same network that monitors these WLCs.

We have created another community string without special characters but didn't work.

Could you help?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Issue was solved.

The Collector and the WLC were in the same network but it was pointing to another interface, the traffic was asymmetric.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brendon Neves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I have the same issue, beyond this i've tried make a snmpwalk but didn't work also.

Anyone can help us?

Regards,

BN.

Was the manual snmpwalk from CSPC command-line?  If so, it is same as I replied above.  Something in the path is blocking SNMP UDP port 161 then.

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most likely cause is either 1) SNMP not actually enabled on the device or 2) Something in the path blocking UDP 161 SNMP traffic.  Since you state that SNMP is configured, the most likely scenario is #2.

Hi Chris,

The Controllers respond SNMP for any IP Address.

Can you log into the CLI of the CSPC and issue an snmpwalk from there using the same credentials to see if something in the path leading up to the WLC is blocking the SNMP?

warickwinter
Level 1
Level 1

You need to ensure that the new SNMP community string is associated to the SNTC IP address (or range) on the controller otherwise the controller will reject the SNMP query. 

Issue was solved.

The Collector and the WLC were in the same network but it was pointing to another interface, the traffic was asymmetric.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: