cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3650-48PS - Generic Network Device

davidoliver1
Level 1
Level 1

I used the PID checker spreadsheet and 3650's are on the supported list, but all my 3650's are showing up as Generic Network Device.  The device properties in CSPC show the Product Model as WS-C3650-48PS, however WS-C3650-48PS is not in the PID list.  The WS-C3650-48PS has to have a -E, -L, or -S after it for it to match the PID checker list.  I am assuming this is why my 3650's are showing up as Generic Network Device and not under IOS XE.  The Sys Object Id is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2066.  Is there a way to get my 3650's categorized properly?

I have attached a screenshot of the Device Properties of one 3650.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you share which version of CSPC you are rule and which Rule Package (RP) version is reported as well?

Chris,

I am currently upgrading to 2.7.  Let me see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks.

Ok, I have upgraded to 2.7 and attached the versions.  Anything I should try in 2.7 to get the 3650's into the correct Device Family?

Did you re-run a collection?

Ok...they are classified as LANSwitches now.

Thanks.

Great!

Chris,

New problem.  Two of the exact same switches come in with different product models.  Both are WS-C3650-48PS, however one says its a cat36xxstack.  They are both reporting different OID and the one reporting correctly shows its serial while the other doesn't.  The devices that prompted this thread are the ones that are coming in as cat36xxstack.  Do you suggest I delete these from inventory and re-discover them and then re-collect their data?  I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Thanks.

Won't be a problem.  When a 3650 is stacked it reports a stack sysobjectid.  Because it may be a stack I'm assuming CSPC isn't going to report a PID for you because there can be multiple entries in the Entity MIB, one for each stack.  And they could all be separate PIDs.  This won't cause you any issue in SNTC.  The CSPC "inventory" is not meant to be a full-blown inventory processing.  It is just some basic results for sanity checks.