Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Kevin Ohlson
Level 3
Level 3

SMARTnet is now Smart Net Total Care. Starting July 27, 2015, all SMARTnet customers are automatically entitled to smart capabilities - the tools you need to solve problems more quickly, reduce costs, and help you manage your support risks. 

The converged service is branded Smart Net Total Care. It is the foundation for Cisco’s branded Technical Support services portfolio. 

As part of this effort, the SMARTnet name has been retired. All of the SMARTnet functionality continues to be available to Cisco customers as part of the Smart Net Total Care Service. Existing SMARTnet customers and renewals are not impacted – the existing SMARTnet SKUs have been reused by the new converged service, and the service description now includes the smart service capabilities. The same SMARTnet features and capabilities, now entitled with smart capabilities.

6 Comments
andinatech
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a client who is using SMARTnet, do I have to do something in order to upgrade to Smart Net Total Care or it is made automatically? I will look forward your comments. Thanks!!!

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for your question!

Your customer will be entitled to the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) experience beginning in just a few weeks.  There is no need to upgrade if your customer currently has an active SMARTnet contract.  There are some steps that the customer will need to take to get access to Smart Net Total Care portal and reports.  The ability to self-service on-boarding to SNTC will be available in early August 2015.  This process will explain and walk the user thru all of the necessary steps.

andinatech
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tnewell,

regarding some steps that the customoer will need to take to get access to SNTC portal and reports, What I understand is that, at the momment, there is not the process or steps that my customer should take, and I have to wait for the steps which will be eable in early August 2015. that's right?. Thanks for your comments.

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's right, no steps need to be taken now. If the customer wants to get acquainted with SNTC, they should visit this community to view training and review collateral.

thanks again,

Teresa

jigonzalezg
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone.

i'm trying to register me in the portal of SNTC like administrator, i use a contract number and one of the equipment associated with this contract, This contract is active and has 8 months more effective.

when i accept and  try to continue, the portal show me the previous error massage. 

i created a case with CISCO TAG but alway send me for the support community. i hope you can help me 

regards!       

Aravind Vincent
Level 1
Level 1

We have received your request to be a Delegated Administrator. In reviewing your request, we realize we need additional information from you to process the request. A Cisco agent will reach out to you soon to provide information on the next steps.
We are updating our system so in the future it will properly inform the requester of the additional information required.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: