Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Extended Node

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi CSC, 

If I run a stack of 9300s with roles, CN, BN and EN, essentially FIAB. I want to hang a couple of 3560CX as Extended Nodes. During plug and play and onboarding does DNAC configure these extended nodes with LISP for example or do they act like a trunked switch only with the uplinks carrying the Vlans only? Is the only configured L3 interface the one within the Infra_VN for communication to shared services? Does it use the uplinked edge node as the GW for the networks? I'm assuming I could connect standard end hosts to the extended nodes If required and not just IOT / APs? I'm aware of the Segmentation caveats with extended nodes.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

hi

During plug and play and onboarding does DNAC configure these extended nodes with LISP for example or do they act like a trunked switch only with the uplinks carrying the Vlans only?

as far as i understand it from manuals EFN works as NEAT switch. no LISP there

Is the only configured L3 interface the one within the Infra_VN for communication to shared services?

yes

Does it use the uplinked edge node as the GW for the networks?

yes . in infra_vn

I'm assuming I could connect standard end hosts to the extended nodes If required and not just IOT / APs?

of course

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: