Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does pxGrid integration betwen ise and dna work in a distrubuted d

How does

When running a distributed deployment setup for ise, its recommended to run the pxgrid persona by itself.

how does that integration works from the dna side? when you add an ise server you are only allowed to add one pxgrid ip ? how does a failover work there? you can add more psn nodes, but not pxgrid

is then recommended that you do run the pxgrid persona on the pan node after all? and not seperate?

we are runing this a setup with ise 3.0 and dna 2.2.3.4 versions

I have read several all of the guides but none can really answer this.. so any input or help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So one figured this out

Once you integerate ise with the dna, it pulls the information regarding the pxgrid nodes from ise,  same goes for the secondary ise node, so as long you select the right personas in ise this works.  did a manual ise promotion as well and you could then see that the it was the secondary wich became primary.

So to summarize integrate with ise as told in configurations guides and the oher nodes will follow as long as they are deployed in ise.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

Not an ISE expert here but from the DNAC point of view, you can point to PXGRIP Active and PXGRID standby which are differents nodes.

PXGRIP is more like a API Controller and DNAC uses it to get devices information.

So I am definitely not an DNA expert, but we have not been able to see any other places than one place to set up the pxgrid integration with ISE and it can only point to one IP..  so how have you solved that? if so where do you set up the multiple pxgrid nodes within dna? 

what concern me is if that node in the ise deployment which DNA has an integration with fails (which has the pxgrid) ..what will happen if you dont get it back up fast enough? I read a document regarding retries for a certain and so forth so.. in theory you should get i back up before it goes.. down the drain but one would like to understand properly how the redundancy setup for pxgrid would be working here..

So one figured this out

Once you integerate ise with the dna, it pulls the information regarding the pxgrid nodes from ise,  same goes for the secondary ise node, so as long you select the right personas in ise this works.  did a manual ise promotion as well and you could then see that the it was the secondary wich became primary.

So to summarize integrate with ise as told in configurations guides and the oher nodes will follow as long as they are deployed in ise.