Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access vs SDN and Cisco DNA centre

M.Sultan
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello

I understand the concept and purpose of SDN, it is used for Programmability, automation, network orchestration and to create an intend based networking mechanism.

SDN is general topic, Cisco DNA is appliance/v-soft which implement the tasks which is pointed in SDN.

Now i'm confused with SD-Access ?

could you please make it clear the relationship between SDN vs DNA vs SDA

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @M.Sultan,

SDN (Software-Defined Networking) is a network architecture that separates the control plane from the data plane, allowing centralized management and programmability of network resources. It provides a way to automate network configuration and management, making it more efficient and responsive to changing business needs.

Cisco DNA (Digital Network Architecture) is a comprehensive network architecture that provides an intent-based networking solution, leveraging SDN principles to automate and simplify network management. It includes multiple components such as DNA Center, DNA Assurance, and DNA Spaces.

Cisco SD-Access (Software-Defined Access) is a key component of the Cisco DNA architecture that provides end-to-end automation of policy-based network access. It uses the principles of SDN to simplify the deployment and management of network infrastructure, making it easier to secure and scale. SD-Access uses a fabric-based approach to create a network overlay, which simplifies the segmentation of users and devices across the network.

In summary, SDN is a network architecture that separates control and data planes, while DNA is a comprehensive architecture that includes multiple components, including SD-Access, which is a key component of DNA that uses SDN principles to automate and simplify network access.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M.Sultan
Spotlight
Spotlight

and also a clear explanation for all of these three topics.

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @M.Sultan,

SDN (Software-Defined Networking) is a network architecture that separates the control plane from the data plane, allowing centralized management and programmability of network resources. It provides a way to automate network configuration and management, making it more efficient and responsive to changing business needs.

Cisco DNA (Digital Network Architecture) is a comprehensive network architecture that provides an intent-based networking solution, leveraging SDN principles to automate and simplify network management. It includes multiple components such as DNA Center, DNA Assurance, and DNA Spaces.

Cisco SD-Access (Software-Defined Access) is a key component of the Cisco DNA architecture that provides end-to-end automation of policy-based network access. It uses the principles of SDN to simplify the deployment and management of network infrastructure, making it easier to secure and scale. SD-Access uses a fabric-based approach to create a network overlay, which simplifies the segmentation of users and devices across the network.

In summary, SDN is a network architecture that separates control and data planes, while DNA is a comprehensive architecture that includes multiple components, including SD-Access, which is a key component of DNA that uses SDN principles to automate and simplify network access.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

ntlong3
Level 1
Level 1

This information was very helpful to me and I was able to confirm the problem with the customer.

I'm grateful for everyone's help.