cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9500-40X-A As Edge Node Using DNAC 12.2.10

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

We recently configured three different 9500-40X-A switches as Edge Nodes in our ~50 NAD SDA network. When a user attempts to connect to any 1G SFP port on the 9500-40X we never see the MAC on the switch port and, of course, the port never shows any authentication sessions. I rechecked the compatibility matrix and it now seems like the 9500 series switches have been removed from the 1.2x support as ENs but it now says they are supported in DNAC 1.3. Has anyone had this issue in 1.2.x or is anyone using them as ENs in 1.3 with any success?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

1 Reply 1

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to find my own answer - bottom line is that they are not supported as ENs in 1.2.x but are supported in 1.3.x. They were shown as supported in older versions of the SDA Compatibility Matrix but have been removed from anything 1.2 and are now only listed as 1.3 supported. We are planning to upgrade to 1.3 shortly and I'll post an update if they work on 1.3.

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: