Views
Helpful
Replies

Border node replacement in SDA solution

ali ezzat
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have border and control node  ( one box) and it is down due to power problem and need to replace with RMA and after getting the new device how to replace it at the DNA as a border and control node ?

is there is any automation process i must follow like replacement ? ( but i think this option not compatible with border only edges)

what i can  do to keep my configuration the same on edges ( ptp ips and neighbors status )?

7 Replies 7

kristoff1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ali,

I would remove the faulty border/control plane node. Start the LAN automation process with the second border/control plane node as seed device. After the lan automation is completed you can configure the border/control plane role on the new device.

After this you need to do the manual or the automatic border handoff. If you use automatic border handoff you will need to reconfigure your Fusion device to with the new subnets.

Kind regards,

Kristoff

What about ptp ips between old border and edges , not need to change edges configuration 

Thanks for your support 

but I already read this doc but nothing about border they talking about edges 

Ali,

In that document it states:

"RMA supports replacement of all switches, routers, SDA devices, and devices that are provisioned by LAN automation, except stacked switches, Nexus switches, access points, devices with dual supervisor engines, and wireless controllers.

Note

For SDA devices, you must manually add the replacement device to Cisco DNA Center, because SDA networks do not have DHCP servers and the device cannot be added through PnP.

"

I would think that Borders fall under "all...SDA devices". This document is for 1.3.3.x, so you will need to be on that version. You said you are on 1.3.5, but there is no 1.3.5. There is 1.3.0.5, 1.3.1.5 and 1.3.3.5.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ali,

What version of DNA Center do you have ?

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

Dear scott,

dna version 1.3.5 and can upgrade to the latest 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: