cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Border node's LISP not seeing endpoint MAC connected to edge node.

acc.94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

We are using a SD-Access test topology with just one Border node connected to customer's external router and another switch acting as edge node. 

After connecting and endpoint on the edge node in VLAN 50, I am not seeing this entry on the Border node LISP table. I have deployed underlay with LAN automation. Is there anything left to be configured at any side? 

On the other hand, I haven't configure Multicast traffic on any VN yet, is this necessary for this process?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VLAN 50 doesn't looks like its something that will include LISP or Device-tracking on it, as fabric VLANs are usually on the range of the thousands.

Can you get a show run from your edge?

Aninda Chatterjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What DNAC version are you on and is VLAN 50 a custom VLAN that you defined for this? Apart from the show run that Alejandro requested, I'd also suggest looking at several other things:

1. Did the host actually receive an IP address? If not dynamically, have you configured a static address?

2. can you ping the default gateway from the host?

3. was the host ip/mac picked up by SISF? Look at 'show device-tracking database' on the FE. Do you see an entry for the host and is the state reachable?

4. once in the SISF db, it should be picked up by LISP as well, and you should see a dynamic entry in the LISP db. Check with 'show lisp instance-id <> ipv4 database'.

5. If you see it here, this entry should have triggered a map-register to the CP (I'm assuming your control-plane/border functionality is co-located on one device itself). Do you not see this here, via 'show lisp instance-id <> ipv4 server'?