Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA Center upgrade from 1.3.3.9 to 2.1.2.4, running into CSCvv72444

robolliger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Today I wanted to upgrade from 1.3.3.9 to 2.1.2.4. Currently, the upgrade process fails with the bug described in CSCvv72444. Who can help? Is there a solution?
Kind regards,
Roger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please go ahead and open a Cisco TAC Case so that the Cisco TAC Engineer can Triage the issue(s) and if determined to be listed issue, they can apply the workaround.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please go ahead and open a Cisco TAC Case so that the Cisco TAC Engineer can Triage the issue(s) and if determined to be listed issue, they can apply the workaround.

Thanks

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your fast replay.

I open a TAC Case.

Regards,

Roger

Hi Roger,

I've the same issue. Has the TAC found an solution?

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex

Yes, the TAC found a solution. The problem was in the optional "cloud-connectivity-data-hub" package. In case that we don't need UDN, I removed that package manually and did the upgrade by hand, except the "cloud-connectivity-data-hub". After that, the system did the upgrade and works normal.

This morning I recognize that there is another Update to a new System Package 1.5.255 (Current version: 1.5.248) . Maybe the Problem is now gone...

Answer from TAC

There is a possible workaround, which is to un-install the optional "cloud-connectivity-data-hub" package.

The dxhub-api-proxy mentioned in the 3 bugs is part of this package, so if we un-install the package the problem will go away.

Now, this package is used for the UDN (User defined Network) feature, which is a feature primarily targeted for universities and hospital;s, so I'm not sure if you were planning on using this?

The following document provides some more info about this feature:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/digital-network-architecture/nb-06-user-defined-nw-faq-cte-en.html"

If you do not plan to use this (or at least not right away) then please run:

maglev package undeploy --wait cloud-connectivity-data-hub

to un-install the package. You can of course always re-install it later.

After that please try the applications update again.

Hope it helps...

Kind regards,

Roger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: