cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNAC as smartlicensing for cat9300

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed DNAC and try to register my 9300 using smart license. however i receive the log below.

SLRegistration: Device registration unsuccessful with CSSM. Failure Reason: Device registration is pending for more than 60 seconds, please check registration status on the device

i check with Cisco engineer, that the DNAC can act like satelite server, however the error message seam like required the switch go internet directly.

please advise

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good day.

Currently, the Cisco DNAC can "not" act as a satellite server (where the Cisco DNAC hosts the licenses).  The Cisco DNAC can get a Token from the CSSM and then pass it on to the device to register with the CSSM directly.  This direct method requires the device to have ip connectivity to the CSSM.

The other method is using the manual "Reservation" method.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

We use DNA-C as our "license proxy" as you're describing. First thing, log into SCCM->Smart Software Licensing->Inventory->Licenses and ensure that you have the "License Reservation" button as shown in the attachment. If you do not have this contact your Cisco rep and ask them to add it because you want to register your devices using SLR via DNAC.

Once you get this working reply back if you have additional issues. One thing I can warn you about, ensure that you have the licenses in your Virtual Account before you start the registration process. Once you start the process it's best not to stop it because you can hang things up. There are a few issues that may cause your device to be in "Registering" state for a long period of time. If you have this issue just open another thread and I'll be happy to help you with that as well.

Chuck

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good day.

Currently, the Cisco DNAC can "not" act as a satellite server (where the Cisco DNAC hosts the licenses).  The Cisco DNAC can get a Token from the CSSM and then pass it on to the device to register with the CSSM directly.  This direct method requires the device to have ip connectivity to the CSSM.

The other method is using the manual "Reservation" method.

I hope this helps

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

We use DNA-C as our "license proxy" as you're describing. First thing, log into SCCM->Smart Software Licensing->Inventory->Licenses and ensure that you have the "License Reservation" button as shown in the attachment. If you do not have this contact your Cisco rep and ask them to add it because you want to register your devices using SLR via DNAC.

Once you get this working reply back if you have additional issues. One thing I can warn you about, ensure that you have the licenses in your Virtual Account before you start the registration process. Once you start the process it's best not to stop it because you can hang things up. There are a few issues that may cause your device to be in "Registering" state for a long period of time. If you have this issue just open another thread and I'll be happy to help you with that as well.

Chuck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: