Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNAC HA for two appliances

SD-Access

As per the documentation that you can implement DNAC either as a single appliance or in HA of three appliances. My question is how will the deployment be in case I have two DNAC appliances. In my BoQ I have 2 x DN2-HW-APL.

I couldn't find any document that explains how to deploy pair of DNAC appliances.

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Hassan,

You are correct, as of today you need three DNA Centres for HA. There is no HA scenario with two DNA Centres. If you have two appliances, you could use second appliance as cold-standby. This means you backup from single/active appliance to  backup repository, and restore from repository to secondary/cold-standby appliance. The backup/restore can be scheduled to happen periodically. Then secondary appliance can be manually brought up if primary fails.

Best regards, Jerome

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jedolphi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Hassan,

You are correct, as of today you need three DNA Centres for HA. There is no HA scenario with two DNA Centres. If you have two appliances, you could use second appliance as cold-standby. This means you backup from single/active appliance to  backup repository, and restore from repository to secondary/cold-standby appliance. The backup/restore can be scheduled to happen periodically. Then secondary appliance can be manually brought up if primary fails.

Best regards, Jerome

Many thanks Jerome for the valuable support. In this case the second DNAC should have identical configurations as the single/active appliance with regards to the IP addresses , Hostname , NTP , DNS and NTP. In case of failure of the active one then we just move cables to the second one and restore the backup. Is this correct ?

Another question, when building the cold-standby do we need to have reachability to the network services like DNS and NTP or can we finish the setup without DNA verifying the connectivity to those services ?

Thanks again

Hassan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: