Views
Helpful
Replies

dnac integration with wireless for non fabric deployment

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

Currently i am in the process of implementation of DNA with WLC 9800-CL. not all features  (specially guest) can be configured via DNAC. is it ok to configure few SSID manually (WLAN ID 1-16) and few SSID via DNAC. i doubt that there will be config sync issues?

I just removed few vlans via cli and when i syched WLC. i am getting "Partial Collection Failure (Unknown Error)"

Also few weeks back i integrated DNAC with ISE. at that time PxGrid was showing online (XMPP) but today it showing offline. Also at the bottom of the page it shows (Connected via XMPP primary-ise (standby: secondary ise).

DNA version is Version 1.3.3.3(1) and ISE version is 2.6.0.156 (Patch 6) (VID 01). I am using self signed certificates both on DNA and ISE.

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my experience usually the Partial Collection Failure (PCF) error can mean that the device is not fully synced and properly added to inventory. I would verify that the device settings in inventory are accurate. For the pxgrid situation, under system 360 in DNAC, is ISE appearing as green (available)? You could try manually re-syncing the two by removing the offline client subscriber in ISE, and re-adding the ISE password in DNAC. If that does not work it could be possible that you are hitting a bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvp02542/?rfs=iqvred. My recommendation would be to work with TAC to resolve the pxgrid issue.
Lastly, this is a good guide for integration to reference: https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/how-to-cisco-dna-center-ise-integration/ta-p/3896410
HTH!

hi,

for non -sdwan deployment, is it possible to configure few SSIDs manually (for example multiple guest accounts) and few SSIDs using DNAC. will i face issues if i configure DNA and WLC like this?