Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need DNA license for Netflow?

rudimocnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

A customer wants netflow enabled access switch. I offered 9200 with Network Essentials base license. Now I am going through the datasheet again I see NetFlow feature is listed under DNA licenses. The lowest DNA add-on license that supports netflow is DNA Essentials. I thought Netflow is a feature that comes with permanent base license (Network Essentials). 

Can someone confirm that active DNA Essentials subscription is required in order to use Netflow on a 9000 switch. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mocnikr,

Foor Full Flexible NetFlow (meaning collection of flow data for every packet), you need DNA Essentials or higher. Once that license expires, you are entitled to run Sampled Flexible NetFlow without a DNA License. Once the DNA license expires, the Full Flexible NetFlow will continue to work (so we don't un-configure it) but you won't be legally entitled to use it. Also, you would have not TAC support of Full Flexible NetFlow without the license.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sampled NetFlow is supported in Network Essentials and by extension Network Advantage as well.

Full FNF is supported in DNA Essentials and by extension DNA Advantage and Premier as well.

I understand that. The question is do I need DNA add-on license for FNF? Does the functionallity go away if I don't extend DNA license after say 3 year term?

mocnikr,

Foor Full Flexible NetFlow (meaning collection of flow data for every packet), you need DNA Essentials or higher. Once that license expires, you are entitled to run Sampled Flexible NetFlow without a DNA License. Once the DNA license expires, the Full Flexible NetFlow will continue to work (so we don't un-configure it) but you won't be legally entitled to use it. Also, you would have not TAC support of Full Flexible NetFlow without the license.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking Group