cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to push updated settings to device from the Network Settings tab

szymonsikorski
Level 1
Level 1

I just updated AAA Server settings in the Network Settings for a site. How do I push that change to the devices assigned to that site? Nothing happens when I click save and device controllability is enabled. It says I either need to assign to a site or rediscover the device. I'm amazed every day how unintuitive this system is but pretty sure thins like that DNAC should just clock onto and run the commands on the device itself right? Surely I don't need to delete the device, rediscover, assign to site just to change a AAA server?

3 Replies 3

andresfr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Szymon,

Normally, the network settings are pushed to the device during the provisioning process (this includes AAA settings).

Please consider taking a look at the following document:

Cisco DNA Center, Device Controllability Under the Covers - BRKEMT-2003

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2021/pdf/BRKEMT-2003.pdf

So, one way to do this is to go to Provision > Network Devices > Inventory, then select your device(s) and go to Actions > Provision > Provision Device to re-provision the device(s) to the same site they belong to.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you, that's really helpful. We've inherited DNAC which hasn't been handed over so trying to figure it all out as we go along!

andresfr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Szymon,

I'm glad I could help.

Please consider reaching out to your Cisco Account Team or your Cisco SPM and check with them if it's possible to schedule accelerators (ACC) sessions to help you with the adoption of your DNA Center. The idea is that you can overcome any adoption barriers to get the most out of DNA Center and its use cases.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: