cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to monitor/poll DNA-C via SNMP?

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Folks,

I am trying to monitor the Satus of our Cisco DNA-Center.

I was thinking of the easiest way by polling information from it with a Monitoring System..

But somehow I am uncapable to locate any setting to define SNMP access values towards DNA-C itself in the GUI.
I also checked the modified Ubuntu it is running on and couldn't locate any snmpd ..

Has anyone already tried to achieve the same and has some further insights?

Would appreciate any inputs! :)

Thanks a lot in advance

Juls

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tahuja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently SNMP monitoring/polling of DNAC is not supported.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

ChuckMcF
Level 1
Level 1

I’m replying to this so that I remember to respond to this later. I will look into this for you and see what I can find. It’s a great idea that I am going to try to implement as well. Will respond soon. 

Chuck

tahuja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently SNMP monitoring/polling of DNAC is not supported.

I just made the request to add this capability via DNAC's "Make A Wish" section, please do the same. The more people that request a feature the higher the priority will be for Cisco to add that feature.

TIA,

ChuckMcF

Update on this: According to my Cisco contact, since DNACs use the UCS platform you can use the MIBs from the link below to monitor the physical DNAC server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/mib/c-series/b_UCS_Standalone_C-Series_MIBRef/b_UCS_Standalone_C-Series_MIBRef_chapter_0100.html

Hope this is helpful,

ChuckMcF

Are you saying SNMP needs to be configured in the base OS rather than via the application GUI (similar to how it is done on ISE)?

Hey Kevin,

I tried to install SNMP on the linux below the DNAC application..

However I never managed to poll anything from my NMS.

I even tried to play with ipTables to get some portforwarding working (like when you access the linux via SSH),
but I never got anything working.

So my conclusion so far - it is not quite possible to poll anything about the appliance itself from DNAC...

So I just added casual CIMC monitoring and HTTPS checks in my monitoring system.. nothing else.

BR
Juls

I've tried them with PRTG and none of them work.

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SNMP? why?

You get much more enriched data via API, Webhooks and the new Issues API. 

No worries of polling MIBs ...

SNMP please die

Yeah I usually would agree there with you..
But unfortunately that is not always my decision..

Also getting the info I need via API calls would also have suited me in the case I faced back then.
But I did not find any info about the DNA Center Appliance itself that you can get via API..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: