Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues adding a 9300 to fabric

georgehewittuk1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When I try and add a 9300 to the fabric I'm getting the following errors. The SSH, SNMP credentials are matching any ideas?

NSCP10025:Provisioning failed ---> Pops up then when I go into the details of the error.

SUCCESS
Conversion from network intent to device intent

Sat Oct 03 2020 16:47:57 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time): Started modularizing the network intent to device intent.
Sat Oct 03 2020 16:47:57 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time): Completed modularizing the network intent to device intent.

FAILED
Deployment of configuration

Sat Oct 03 2020 16:47:57 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time): Deploying configuration on the device

c9300.test.com (192.16.99.2).
Sat Oct 03 2020 16:47:57 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time): Configured operation will be to Add DNS Configuration, Add VLAN Configuration, Add VRF Configuration, Add Interface Configuration, Add Lisp Configuration, Add AAA Configuration, Add DHCP Helper Address Configuration, Add DHCP Configuration and Add Trustsec Configuration.
Sat Oct 03 2020 16:48:04 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time): Configuration on the device failed.

It seems to be failing configuring the device. Are there any other logs that can be obtained?

Regards

G

1 Reply 1

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • What is the Current Cisco DNA Center version and the IOSXE version of the 9300?
  • You can re-attempt adding to the fabric and capture the following commands & logs:

** Goto to the System Settings in the Cisco DNA Center UI and change the Debugging level to "Debug" for the apic-em-network-programmer-service. Then you can run the following commands:

$ magctl appstack status | awk '/network-programmer-/ {print $2}'
       - Multiple Instances
      $ magctl service logs -rf < intstance.id > | lql

For Example:

$ magctl appstack status | awk '/network-programmer-/ {print $2}'
apic-em-network-programmer-service-6845696c7c-4tmcz
apic-em-network-programmer-service-6845696c7c-prwcm

$ magctl service logs -rf apic-em-network-programmer-service-6845696c7c-4tmcz | lql
$ magctl service logs -rf apic-em-network-programmer-service-6845696c7c-prwcm | lql

You may be running into a known issue so if you still have issues, Please run the following and capture the outputs so that you can provide the Cisco TAC when opening your Case.

Enhanced Visibility into the Cisco DNA Center using AURA
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215840-cisco-dna-center-aura-audit-and-upgrad.html

Generate and Extract the RCA File from Cisco DNA Center
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/213926-how-to-generate-and-extract-root-cause-a.html

I hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: