Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple AP IP Pools in INFRA_VN?

scvvuuren
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day Everyone

I have a customer who procured switches to replace a legacy network with DNAC for Wired, and also 36 new AP's with DNA Advanced Licensing.

The challenge being the customer has existing 250+ AP's that are not licensed for DNA Advanced but they also want the experience of the fabric wifi on the licensing they do have. I explained to them the challenge's with roaming etc. so for this discussion that is not a concern.

My thinking here was to leave the existing AP's on their existing aironet 5520 WLC's and treat is as OTT but completely un-managed by DNAC and have that IP pool in INFRA_VN as I would prefer to have them in the global routing table. I have done static port allocations for the IP Pool to ensure the AP's receives the correct IP Pool and dhcp option 43 options and this worked without any hiccups.

I then started up 2x 9800-CL's and got the HA up via DNAC and wanted to allocate another IP Pool (with different option 43) in INFRA_VN. I saw this document and assumed that one can have more than 1 ap pool based on this screenshot.

guide-c07-741859_80.jpg

But when I want to add another AP pool I get an error that advises me that pool type is already used.

Capture.PNG

So my question here, is there any way to run 2x different AP pools within the INFRA_VN or would I need to run the traditional IP Pool in an overlay VN?

1 Reply 1

mnagired
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Devi,

Mutiple AP Pools are not supported with the shipping DNAC Images..  Its still an uncommitted roadmap item..

Dont think there is any workaround for this usecase.. 

Regards

Mahesh N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: