Views
Helpful
Replies

Network settings & assurance issue

JonathanC1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm seeing odd issue in assurance alerting on some VN DHCP/DNS is not reachable. They are not reachable via ICMP so connectivity check is failing however the issue is it's trying to reach out to what is set in Network settings for the site (this is seen in the IP SLA config pushed.) So some VNs fail the check as they do not have access to that production DNS/DHCP to icmp check.

Seems like it is reaching out to the Network Settings not what is specified in the IP pool as the DHCP/DNS pool is different. Has anyone seen this before or offer any insight!?

Warm Regards

JC

4 Replies 4

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, we have the same issue. After a TAC case we tried to re-provision device without any change. and finally just removed the IP SLA manually.

If this is the right solution for you I cannot say. But it seems like this part is still a bit buggy.

Thanks for your opinion on this nice to know others seen the behaviour.

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

The last time I checked I found 3-5 bugs related to IP SLA and cleanups. Take a look at the bug tracker and see if you can find any that matches the issue you have.

markus.forrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi JC

You mean the IP SLA configured on the border nodes?

As far I know, the IP SLA would be configured with a source ip from the underlay or border handoff.

Verify that these source addresses from the ip sla are routed and can reach the dhcp server.