Helpful
Replies

Plug and Play Allowed Vlans

ShaunGreen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Using Cisco DNA for PNP.

I wonder if anyone can help me out. I have a seed device which is configured as so:

pnp startup-vlan 60

And the interface that the pnp device connects to is configured as a trunk.

The pnp device picks up an IP from the DHCP pool of vlan 60 and I can successfully claim the device in DNA, but I have one small head ache.

The interface on the pnp device that connects to the seed device gets automatically configured with the following:

description PNP STARTUP VLAN

switchport trunk allowed vlan 60

switchport mode trunk

My headache is the switchport trunk allowed command. I want the device to pick up an address in the vlan 60, but I also want to allow all vlans over the trunk link. Once we claim the device in vlan 60, we configured other interfaces, one of them being a network management vlan. Problem is, even when this vlan and SVI are created on the pnp device, we can only reach it via it's vlan 60 address. 

I can obviously manually connect to the pnp device on the vlan 60 SVI and allow all vlans on the trunk, but this seems a little backwards when we are trying to use pnp to claim the device and configure it using templates.

Thanks for any advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

What vesion of DNAC and IOS are you running on the PnP device?

Have done this without any issues, but the template we used overwrites the interface configuration on the trunk port with a normal "switchport mode trunk" command.

Are you not configuring anything on the port you use for PnP in your template?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jivan56847
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried removing the switchport trunk that allowed VLAN 60 commands from the interface that connects to the seed device, but if I do this, no traffic will flow over the trunk at all.

Any ideas on how I can configure this so it works with

You should be able to add VLANs to the `switchport trunk allowed` command in your onboarding template.  So if you wanted to add VLANs 12 and 57 to the trunk, your onboarding template should contain:

interface GigabithEthernet1/0/2
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 12,60,57

I hope that helps.

Roddie

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

What vesion of DNAC and IOS are you running on the PnP device?

Have done this without any issues, but the template we used overwrites the interface configuration on the trunk port with a normal "switchport mode trunk" command.

Are you not configuring anything on the port you use for PnP in your template?

I got too caught up in the nitty gritty!! 

I was trying to find a way to NOT configure the switchport allowed vlan command, but you are right. The most straight forward way is to just over write it when we claim the device.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: