Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-access-add-new-switch

hello,

I have two 9500 switches in stackwise as border node which will be connected to a 9407 switch with two links, I wanted to know is that the two links will be converted into L3 link ??

another question if i stoped the process of the  lan automation  how i can add another swicth in the future

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jendoubi Abdelbasset,

If you are trying to get the most out of automation, then you could use the two 9500 as Border/CP (no SWV), use those as LAN Automation seeds, use LAN Automation for the 9407s so that L3 links are built automatically to the 9500s and  then use an L3 Handoff from each 9500 to the 9300 fusion. 

You would then connect the 9500 together with a trunk over which you can provide L3 redundancy for the underlay (IS-IS if using LAN Automation) and overlay (iBGP for the VNs). This would be a pretty standard design.

Have a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html (Latest SDA Design Guide) and https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/sda-fabric-deploy-2019oct.pdf (SDA Deployment Guide). Both of these should apply in your situation.

If migration from an existing network will be involved, I recommend you view the BRKCRS-2812 (Barcelona 2020 session) and DGTL-BRKENS-3822 (2020 Digital session) for migration strategies / information.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

Senior Technical Marketing Engineer

Enterprise Networking and Cloud Group

View solution in original post

Yes, if thats the case then your switches should have shipped with Advantage level licenses so shouldn't have any issues. Again please read the following guide for details of LAN automation prereqs and procedure.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215336-lan-automation-step-by-step-deployment.html

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jendoubi Abdelbasset,

We do not currently support using the 9500 in SWV a a sed node for LAN Automation. The links from the 9400 can be made into an L3 Multi-chassis Etherchannel (MEC) with one link connecting to each 9500, but this is a manual process.

May I ask, what is the reason for using SWV with the 9500s ? The links in the SDA underlay are L3, so in SDA we do not need SWV to aggregate L2 links and mitigate spanning tree like we do in a traditional L2 access network.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

hello scott

can you suggest me a design to deploy the Sd access with two 9500 and four 9407 access switch and two 9300 switch as  fusion router

Regards,

Hi,

Based on the hardware you mentioned, you can use both 9500 as Control/Border node and the 9407 as Edge Node with two 9300 as Fusion router. However, the design requirement should be based on Number of users, VNs and SGTs you use in the solution. 

If I consider that you populated the each access switch with 48 port line card, than you may have a maximum of 1000 users. In this case 9500 should work easily as colocated border and control node.

Regards,

jendoubi Abdelbasset,

If you are trying to get the most out of automation, then you could use the two 9500 as Border/CP (no SWV), use those as LAN Automation seeds, use LAN Automation for the 9407s so that L3 links are built automatically to the 9500s and  then use an L3 Handoff from each 9500 to the 9300 fusion. 

You would then connect the 9500 together with a trunk over which you can provide L3 redundancy for the underlay (IS-IS if using LAN Automation) and overlay (iBGP for the VNs). This would be a pretty standard design.

Have a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html (Latest SDA Design Guide) and https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/sda-fabric-deploy-2019oct.pdf (SDA Deployment Guide). Both of these should apply in your situation.

If migration from an existing network will be involved, I recommend you view the BRKCRS-2812 (Barcelona 2020 session) and DGTL-BRKENS-3822 (2020 Digital session) for migration strategies / information.

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

hello

the trunk link between the borders will be configured by CLI ??

regards

jendoubi Abdelbasset,

Yes, this is manually configured. 

Cheers,
Scott Hodgdon

hello,

another question if i stoped the process of the lan automation how i can add another swicth in the future , i must run the lan automation again ??

Regards,

You can run multiple LAN automation discovery sessions. Once you have discovered and automated the first 4 x 9407 switches and stopped LAN automation, you can run LAN automation again to discover and automate additional switches as and when required. Note that you can either use the same LAN IP pool or a new LAN IP pool for the subsequent sessions.

Please see the LAN Automation Step-by-Step deployment and troubleshooting guide for further info

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/215336-lan-automation-step-by-step-deployment.html

Hello Jendoubi,

One thing to note... For LAN automation minimum pool required is /26  and with this pool, you cant run multiple iterations of LAN automation. There is a check at the backend to make sure you have a minimum of 64 free IPs in the pool when you run the LAN automation for 2nd time using the same LAN automation pool.

Hope this helps..

Regards

Mahesh

Hello and thank you so much for your replay just one more question

As i understand from documentation i don't need any intial configuration for the 9407 switches before the lan automation

Regards

That is correct. In fact you need to ensure that the 9407 is reset back to factory default before running LAN automation by running the below script. This will reset the PnP agent back to a clean state by removing any stale certificates/keys etc in addition to any existing configuration. 

enable
erase startup-config
y
!
delete /force vlan.dat
delete /force nvram:*.cer
delete /force flash:pnp*
delete /force nvram:pnp*
!
conf t
!
crypto key zeroize
yes
no crypto pki cert pool
yes
no crypto pki certificate pool
yes
no crypto pki trustpoint pnplabel
yes
no pnp profile pnp-zero-touch
yes
!
end
!
write erase
y
!
reload
no

The 9407 will be ready for LAN automation once it has rebooted and waiting at the 'System Configuration Dialog' prompt,

In addition to the above, you need to ensure that the switch is running the Network Advantage license otherwise some configuration such as IS-IS will be rejected during provisioning. I would advise that you check and sort the licensing before resetting the configuration back to factory default.

Hello,

Actually when i check i find an eval licence how  i can synchronise the switches with the smart account

Regards 

Hi..

You need to register the device to your Smart Account. I had created some videos in the past.. maybe if that helps..

Its was created with 1.3.x UI, so there may be some minor changes.. Refer to ones with DNAC keyword..

https://cisco.box.com/s/uvrhxevmanqpd6ukp4x3v5p951wi6v3r

Hello 

So if i understand i need to discover all the swicthe with dnac to install license before any lan automation process

Regards