cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access L2 Handoff query

newtonr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently working on a HLD for 3-site SDA design and need advice on L2 Handoff please.

Can multiple VLANs be configured at the same Border or is it single VLAN support only? Appears to be no documentation anywhere that references multiple VLAN designs.

Also, how do you change the SVI IP as there does not appear to be a place to change this in the DNAC menu - seems to default to x.x.x.1 but if the legacy SVI is different then how to change?

Cheers,

Rob

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the below document: L2 hand-off explained.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-sda-design-guide.html#L2_Border_Handoff

Also, how do you change the SVI IP as there does not appear to be a place to change this in the DNAC menu - seems to default to x.x.x.1 but if the legacy SVI is different then how to change?

SD-Access only for users (VN) 1 gateway for all users that is anycast gateway. ( you can find same information in edge node section)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

StevieC666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rob,

We're working through a migration to SDA at the moment, we're essentially going from a single VRF to 5 VNs and of course we face the challenge that things can't be done at the speed to thought so we've needed to leverage co-existance in the form of Multiple L2 handoffs. We have handoffs at present for around 30 networks (VLANs) configured over 4 interfaces to four border nodes. Can't wait for 2.2.2.x when we will be able to use custom VLAN IDs so we can avoid the complications of switches performing VLAN Mapping between legacy and Border.

Assuming I've read your second question right around specifying the SVI of an IP pool that is specified during IP Pool creation. I think so we've defied almost 100 IP sub pools and only a handful have .1 as the host address.

Hope this helps