Views
Helpful
Replies

SDA with Aruba IAP OTT

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I am working on a customer SDA deployment/migration plan currently. The customer has a small branch office and there are 3 Aruba IAP (virtual controller) running for providing corp WIFI.

My plan is to migrate the Aruba to OTT model however I am not sure if that would work...since the IAP locally forward user traffic to switch instead of tunnelling to a controller...

Suggestion? Maybe I just simply tell them to get rid of the 3 Aruba IAPs for Cisco APs?

Plus I can not find any documentation regarding the inter-operability of SDA with any 3rd party wireless solution...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For wireless OTT support with SD-Access, this would have to be based on a centralized controller.

Cheers,
Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Hodgdon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For wireless OTT support with SD-Access, this would have to be based on a centralized controller.

Cheers,
Scott

Okey, so OTT model is not an option for me then...

Any other way to incorporate the existing Aruba IAP with SDA? Or they would have to replaced?

m1xed0s,

Without a controller-based wireless solution, these small sites would not be able to be part of an SD-Access fabric.

Cheers,
Scott

Thanks, one last question kinda related: is Flexconnect ever going to be supported in SDA?

It is being investigated, but there is no committed timeframe.

Cheers,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: