cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which ISE node do I connect from DNAC for pxGrid?

cumminsdm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  In a four node ISE setup (two PSN, and two MnT), which of them do I connect to from DNAC for integration?  Do I need to enable pxGrid on all nodes?  What cert requirements are necessary on the ISE side?

Thanks,

daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cumminsdm,

as already meantioned for the beginning it is enough to add the Primary PAN. Make sure Port TCP/443 is opened between DNAC and ISE for PxGrid. 

ISE and DNAC will automatically exchange certificates. 

If primary PAN is successfully  added you can see all 4 ISE Nodes in the Design section. 

If you furthermore want external Authentification for DNAC Web-Login, soyou can login i.e. with your Domain User Account, you also want to add your PSNs under "Authentication and Policy Servers".

Here is a great Guide for TACACs+ (but will also work for RADIUS, if you ignore the TACACs+ specific options).

.:|:..:|:.Please rate helpful posts.:|:..:|:.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

I assume the PAN roles are also on your MnT nodes? If so then pxgrid is probably best enabled on the PSN nodes. Bear in mind that normally pxgrid would be dedicated PSNs (that are not also performing dot1x/tacacs authentication).....it would depend on the current load of your PSN.

Here is a reference guide for ISE and DNAC integration.

The pxgrid certificate needs Server and Client EKU, reference guide to ISE pxgrid certificates here and here.

HTH

ammahend
VIP
VIP

As per Cisco documentation, you should integrate DNAC with ISE PAN primary node in a distributed deployment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-2/install/b_dnac_install_1_2/b_dnac_install_1_2_chapter_010.html

-hope this helps-

Benjamin-A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cumminsdm,

as already meantioned for the beginning it is enough to add the Primary PAN. Make sure Port TCP/443 is opened between DNAC and ISE for PxGrid. 

ISE and DNAC will automatically exchange certificates. 

If primary PAN is successfully  added you can see all 4 ISE Nodes in the Design section. 

If you furthermore want external Authentification for DNAC Web-Login, soyou can login i.e. with your Domain User Account, you also want to add your PSNs under "Authentication and Policy Servers".

Here is a great Guide for TACACs+ (but will also work for RADIUS, if you ignore the TACACs+ specific options).

Thank you!  This is a very helpful depiction.  However, does anyone know if it is necessary to turn on the pxGrid function on the PSNs, or will the admin node(s) adequately parse the necessary data feed?

Hi cumminsdm,

just have a look at the installation guide you can enable pxGrid on the PAN but you do not have to. "You can enable pxGrid on any of the other Cisco ISE nodes in your distributed deployment".

In my deployments I enable pxGrid just on the PANs and not on the PSN (if the customer have a multi node deployment).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: