cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will Flexconnect be supported in SDA?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Every document I read so far says "The WLC functions as a local-mode controller, including the requirement to have a low-latency connection (<20 ms recommended) between the WLC and the APs. ". So the AP and WLC must be on the same Fabric/Location, unless I do Over-the-Top mode...

So for a large scale wireless network, especially those customer with a lot of Flexconnect APs in branches cross the county and the WLC pair in central DC, is Over-the-Top mode the only viable option for SDA currently?

BTW, with the Over-the-Top mode, the existing integration between WLC and ISE for TrustSec will still function as it was, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tahuja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Flexconnect is not supported with SDA.

You can use new Embedded wireless on Cat9300. It will provide you Wireless capability at site level too.

You will require software 16.10.1.e on Cat9k (Cat9300) switch and wireless package  as well as DNAC 1.2.10

For Over the Top, your WLC and ISE integration will work as in a non-fabric scenario.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tahuja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Flexconnect is not supported with SDA.

You can use new Embedded wireless on Cat9300. It will provide you Wireless capability at site level too.

You will require software 16.10.1.e on Cat9k (Cat9300) switch and wireless package  as well as DNAC 1.2.10

For Over the Top, your WLC and ISE integration will work as in a non-fabric scenario.

Embedded wireless on Cat9300 feature is the answer for for my concern :) Thanks!

Will have to look further regarding the C9800 Software...Never know it exists...Assume it would be the same licensing scheme as the WLC5520?