cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9148 fabric read only mode

william.riley
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the 9148 supports a read only mode zone. I'm trying to have my veeam backup server only attach to the presented datastores with read only access. Currently veeam disables windows automount automatically but I would like to go one step further and make sure it is set as read only at the fabric level. I can't seem to find a way to do it in the 3par itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jihicks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William,

The 9148 does support read-only zones but you should be aware of the following that could affect your fabric if there are other switches in the mix, say 9500 with one of the modules listed below:

Deprecated Features

Cisco MDS NX-OS Release 5.2 no longer supports the features listed in the following sections:

•Zoning Features

•SNIA Common Information Model

•IVR Non-NAT Mode
Zoning Features

LUN zoning, read-only zones, and broadcast zones are no longer supported. These features affect the following hardware:

•Cisco MDS 9000 8-port 10-Gbps Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) module

•Cisco MDS 9000 48-port 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching module

•Cisco MDS 9000 32-port 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching module

You cannot bring up these modules if these features are already configured. You should completely remove all configurations that include these features before you attempt to bring up these modules. In addition, you cannot configure these features after you bring up these modules.

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jihicks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William,

The 9148 does support read-only zones but you should be aware of the following that could affect your fabric if there are other switches in the mix, say 9500 with one of the modules listed below:

Deprecated Features

Cisco MDS NX-OS Release 5.2 no longer supports the features listed in the following sections:

•Zoning Features

•SNIA Common Information Model

•IVR Non-NAT Mode
Zoning Features

LUN zoning, read-only zones, and broadcast zones are no longer supported. These features affect the following hardware:

•Cisco MDS 9000 8-port 10-Gbps Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) module

•Cisco MDS 9000 48-port 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching module

•Cisco MDS 9000 32-port 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching module

You cannot bring up these modules if these features are already configured. You should completely remove all configurations that include these features before you attempt to bring up these modules. In addition, you cannot configure these features after you bring up these modules.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for the answer I'm reviewing some documentation on setting this up but unfortunately the area they say to go does not appear with the read-only mode check box listed in the documentation. I guess I'll open a TAC case.

william.riley
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks again for this information I was able to find the read only mode using the fabric manager software and editing the zone information file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: