Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi AllDo you see any issues using the NPV traffic map command to  push a server's SAN traffic through specific external interface? Can  this be done online without any disruption? for eg: config# npv traffic-map server-interface fc1/45 external-int...

HiMy team leader has requested that i look into employing NPIVin our environment.However it seems to be inextricably linked in with NPV whicheffectively makes the non core switches into HBA aggregators.Is it possible to do NPIV with out using NPV - a...

Resolved! N5k or MDS for SAN

Hi All,I am very new to this and have a general question to help me better understand Cisco SAN design.My question is how are N5K and MDS related or diffrent in a SAN architecture design, in relation to a SAN array (i.e. Netapp or EMC). Do you need b...

Hi,I have two Cisco new MDS9513 directors which i am trying to link with 6 ISL's. I have configured the port-channel (both side )and been added ports into port-channel 1.The ports are not coming up. What could be the problem? Any suggestions? Please ...

puttaram1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I know that in some NX-OS versions we need to manually set some default system-qos policies in order to make FCoE to work on Nexus 5500UP:switch(config-sys-qos)# service-policy type qos input fcoe-default-in-policy switch(config-sys-qos)# ser...

We're currenlty running 3.3.4a, with 9016 and 9124 line cards.  We want to put in some ds-x9224-96k9, but If I understand correctly, they will only run on an NX-OS, and the older cards (9016,9124s) won't.  Can anyone confirm this for me?ThanksBrian

Hi thereI need to provide documented references for a large SAN, and have a few queries.I have the show tech-supports for an edge-core-edge SAN consisting of 2 redundant fabrics.There are 4 host edges, 1 core, 4 storage edges per fabric. All are MDS ...