Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hi,I'm searching for a way to know online (or historical) if I have an issue because port oversubscription.Can I see the current (or historical) port group entiere bandwith?Or maybe I should manual calculate each of the shared port utilization?Thanks...

amirs by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi we have purchased 2 9506 Directors whic we want to dd to ir existing fabric which consists of 2 MDS 9222i switches. As the new switches are running 5.0.1 code and the MDS 4.1 (3a) I presume that I will need to upgrade the existing switches as well...

Greetings all,If I wanted to rename our active zonset called abc vsan 21 to xyz vsan 21 on our 9500 series mds. Doing this, should not cause an issue or knock anything offline?A collegue of mine was telling me that it may knock its zones and members ...

planzone by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Scripting

I want to use "cli var" command to setup a variable for the sh clock command, "cli var name time sh clock". So I can run a script and use the variable to add the output of sh clock to "copy run tftp://10.*.*.*/Switch1A-$ time" so the sh clock would g...

Hello All,Apologies for what must be a basic question but I'm struggling to find a reference for this, is it feasible to establish two FCIP links between the same pair of MDS without a portchannel with all the Ethernet links from both MDS in the same...

Hi AllWe have an snmp config for all our switches but the SAN Nexos doesnt take the commands -However just putting in the SNMP users seems to work -Here is the config we want to put in -snmp-server group netops v3 auth read read-viewsnmp-server view ...

Hello there,I have two Cisco MDS 9148 and I am managing them with Fabric Manager. These switches are not connected to each other.PROBLEM: When I open one of the fabric, Map on the fabric manager is showing two switches, and I noticed that VSAN WWN of...

Greetings, Iam a newbie to the san switch world. We have a MDS 9500 san switch and I am configuring and have questions about aliases.  I see our older Cisco san switch uses device-alias, but the new one uses fcalias. Both commands seem to work on the...

planzone by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Experts, Following are the questions: 1- Can Nexus do FCoIP? Please explain and give some example 2- Can we easily connect traditional FC to Nexus directly on the existing Main Site and forward traffic through FCIP? 3- Will this solution work p...

Hi Experts,I'm trying to set up callhome, however when I test the configuration I receive the following:SMTPclient: Host:xx.xxx.xxx.xx:mailhost unreachable: Connection refused, no problems with ping. I suspect my company mailhost is blocking the conn...

healyj4 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes