Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MDS Disable device-alias mode enhanced

Miguel6722
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a question regarding the different alias modes.  Actually, I've always used FCAliases for my zoning.  Now, after having migrated DCNM 7x to the latest version 11.4, I couldn't find a way to add FCAliases into my zones in the web client.  The only available options were "end ports" or "device aliases"... no fcalias. 

I tried to configure a specific option into DCNM 11,4 -> Server Properties -> fabric.fcalias=true, but it didn't change anything...

After a little investigation, I figured out that the "device-alias mode enhanced" option was present on our switches. I read a little bit about this feature, I doesn't interest us...we want to keep it simple... I don't know why this is enabled, maybe by default, anyway, looking into the old fashioned DCNM client, all the zones are made with FCAliases...  Furthermore, I only see 8 Devices-aliases available for zoning into the web client.. why is that ? we have hundreds of hosts defined fcaliases... I don't get this..

Now, a couple of questions come to me:

- Is it possible to use FCaliases to zone with the web client ?

- Is it possible to deactivate this device-alias enhanced mode non-disruptively ? 

- Why are my active zones showing up like this (CLI):

zone name HOST001_HBA0-TARGET_001 vsan 90
member pwwn 10:48:2f:c0:00:55:b0:b2
member pwwn 50:43:01:84:16:0d:a2:40

Instead of this (as it's defined):

zone name HOST001_HBA0-TARGET_001 vsan 90
member fcalias HOST001_HBA0
member fcalias TARGET_001

Thank you guys from you help!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: